Topic: Possible Chart Types

Hello,
is there a web site for the Charting component of MVD where I can see all of the different types of charts that can be created and the various parameters that can be set for a chart?
Thanks for any help,
David

Re: Possible Chart Types

Hello.

Here you can find documentation
http://www.teechart.net/docs/TeeChartVCLReference.htm

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,
The Chart Gallery section of the web site you gave shows gauges. Is it possible to display these gauges in MVD applications. Would be perfect if it is possible.
Thanks,
David

Hello.

Unfortunately gauges is not available in the version of chart which MVD use.

The following charts are available.
Gantt
Shape
Bubble
Arrow
Line
Bar
Horizontal Bar
Area
Point
Pie
Fast Line
Horizontal Line
Horizontal Area

Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry, but if you are ever thinking about adding the Gauge chart type, it would be extremely useful.
Thanks,
David

Hi David,
Just came across your post about gauge chart types.
I know it's not what you're really after but until something like tgauge gets implemented, perhaps you could use an image of a gauge.
As the gauge only shows a single series value,  you could then place the discrete values into a label and superimpose it on the image (I appreciate it's not truly 'interactive' like tgauge would be but it might suffice as a temporary fix).
Just a thought.
Regards,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon davidgauge.zip 526.9 kb, 448 downloads since 2018-10-28 

Hello Derek,
its very pleasant to hear from you. Thanks, that is a good idea. Perhaps I could put an image of bar type of gauge and then put a rectangle on it and change the rectangle dimensions according to the reading. I'm still rather hoping Dmitry may add the gauge facility at some stage. That would be excellent.
Thanks and regards,
David

Hello Again David,
I think the bar type of gauge you mention is a much better idea and then change the size of the indicator interactively.
I had a quick stab at mocking something up based on my previous post (please see attached) - if I'd had a bit more time I think it would look a bit more polished but the principle seems sound enough.
Regards,
Derek

Post's attachments

Attachment icon davidgauge2.zip 403.47 kb, 507 downloads since 2018-10-29 

Excellent work, thank you Derek. That could work well for a project coming up. We'll still remind Dmitry every now and again but that is a good start.
Thanks and regards, David

Hello Dmitry,

Do you think there would be any chance of adding the gauge components to the charting in a future release please.

Thanks,
David

Hello.

Yes.

Dmitry.

Great news, thank you. Is there any estimate on when that could happen?
Thanks, David

Unfortunately no. First I must finish to develop access control functionality.

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,
sorry to go on about this but do you have any time frame for adding the gauge components to the charting please.
Thanks,
David

radsoft wrote:

Hello Dmitry,
sorry to go on about this but do you have any time frame for adding the gauge components to the charting please.
Thanks,
David

Hello.

Like this?
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=6402&download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon demo.zip 188.08 kb, 328 downloads since 2020-03-22 

Attachment icon gauge.png 51.36 kb, 117 downloads since 2020-03-22 

Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry, yes like that. Are there other styles available too such as thermometer style or other.
I have two applications of this. I have telemetry coming into the serial port from microcontrollers or remote sites which I would like to display as gauges. Secondly I need to provide dashboard software for a database so professional gauges would be perfect. Other applications will arise of course.
Thanks for all your great work on this amazing software.
Regards, David