Topic: Android

I need to have something like MVD for android,  does anyone here have recomendations, the program I wrote with MVD is working great and all, but it would make the job so much easier if each employee had it on their phone and all synced to the same database.

Re: Android

Android version is planned, but it's a very long time.

But you can install on Android device "Microsoft Remote Desktop"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … dc.android

then connect to Windows for using MVD project.
You can also create separate forms for easier interaction with the project using via the Android device (big button and etc.).

Dmitry.

3 (edited by tcoton 2015-03-10 20:19:09)

Oh, it reminds me something very important regarding using mvdb applications on small screens.

Is there any way to make a common mvdb application developped on a "standard" office screen display correctly on a smaller screen? I mean, I have developped an application with mvdb on my desktop computer with a very comfortable screen, but when time has come to use this application on a laptop, it becomes nearly unusable as the windows do not scale the new screen. I have even tried on a windows 8 tablet, it is just a nightmare.

Is it somehow planned to implement auto-scale windows to fit any kind of screen,? This is already possible in css so why not with "hard" programming big_smile

tcoton
Set property of form Sizeable=true

Then, every component have property Anchors which defines the behavior of the component when the window is resized.

Use Anchors to ensure that a control maintains its current position relative to an edge of its parent, even if the parent is resized. When its parent is resized, the control holds its position relative to the edges to which it is anchored. If a control is anchored to opposite edges of its parent, the control stretches when its parent is resized.

Dmitry.

The problem is that, I tried the sizeable=true parameter but it messes up everything when you resize manually the windows, the main window is resized in one direction each time whereas the content does not resize nor move to adapt to the new size... so weird!!

So when I set sizeable=true to a form and afterward I want to resize the window to adapt to current resolution, the main window resizes on top of its content!!!

I will try to play with the anchors settings for each component, but I doubt it would fix the resolution issue...

tcoton
Please, send me your project to support@drive-software.com
I'll set anchors for your project.

Dmitry.

Dmitry, I have sent my project smile

Hello this is still an issue when going to smaller screen lower res monitors.  I used anchors, and they work well when going larger screens or higher resolutions, however when you go to smaller and lower resolution, items will overlap, or move off the page depending on how they are anchored.  Has anyone figured this out yet?

Sonny.

Hello.

Please attach your project, I will test it.

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

Hello.

Please attach your project, I will test it.

Dimtry,
I just went through and resized everything to be sure that it fit on a 1024x768 monitor.

Sonny.