Topic: Move several labels simultaneously

I can't find the way to move simultaneously across the form  a several objects (labels, textbooks etc), while creating a form.
Is that possible?

Re: Move several labels simultaneously

I don't think it is, MarkoS, at least I haven't found a way to do that.

As an aside you will also find that 'sending' a component to the back doesn't work for some things, like making an edit box or button visible by sending a panel to the back, if you decide to use a panel or group box after placing components on the form.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

3 (edited by derek 2020-05-20 10:52:33)

Hi CDB,
On any form, you can
1) right click to 'select al' objects and move them all
OR
2) hold 'SHIFT' and then click on the individual object you want to move
OR
3) place objects on a panel;  moving a panel will move all the subordinate objects as well.
Derek.

4 (edited by CDB 2020-05-20 10:59:49)

Well, there you go, I tried that a couple of times hoping to copy and paste a bunch of components between forms to have the exact same layout, and  it didn't work, so I didn't try it again - I've tried multi-selecting just now after your post and now it works.

I'm sure I'm going senile or something.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

I tried all three options:
1- right click and Select all.
I can select  all the objects from the form not just several that I want to move.
2- hold SHIFT and click on the object.
I can move just one by one object.
3.- using panel or group box
I can bring to front buttons and textbooks, but not the labels (see the attachment). This option works for me only if the panel is inserted as a first, before of all other objects.
Or I am doing something incorrect.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon film3.mp4 186.08 kb, 236 downloads since 2020-05-20 

MarkoS,
If you have fields already defined on the form and then you decide to insert a panel on the form, you cannot just move the fields onto the panel. You need to select all the fields you want on the panel, then do a cut and paste onto the panel. Once you do a paste onto the panel, all the fields will still be selected so you can then move them around the panel. Make sure that your panel is large enough to hold all the fields. You can always downsize the panel once you have the fields where you want them on the panel.

Thanks ehwagner.