Topic: Need Help

Hi friends,
              I am facing a problem. Any one who guide me? Problem is:
I have made a project. Suppose it has a form1, a editbox two date time pickers and a table name Sale having svalue currency field, a date sdate field and a item text field. I want to get svalue on editbox. I use this statement which works very will
procedure form1_OnShow (Sender: TObject; Action: string);
begin
              form1.edit1.Text:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale');
end;
but I want to get svalue for specific period or date. How can I write statement which will give my required result.
Thank in advance.

2 (edited by tcoton 2020-07-29 18:26:58)

Re: Need Help

How about this?

form1.edit1.Text:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale where sdate between {datetimepicker1} and {datetimepicker2}';

It give an error message
near "{": syntax error
Script:
SQLExecute

I am trying to use following statement but it also giving above error message.

form1.Edit1.Text:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale Where' + 'Date(Date1) >= "' + FormatDateTime('dd-mm-yyyy',Sale.datetimepicker1.DateTime)
       + '" and Date(Date1) <= "' + FormatDateTime('dd-mm-yyyy',Sale.datetimepicker2.DateTime));

unforgettable,
Dates in databases are stored in the YYYY-MM-DD format so you need to reformat your datetimepickers in that format.

form1.Edit1.Text:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale Where Date(Date1) >= "' + FormatDateTime('YYYY-MM-DD',Sale.datetimepicker1.DateTime) + '" and Date(Date1) <= "' + FormatDateTime('YYY-MM-DD'',Sale.datetimepicker2.DateTime) + '"');

hi ehwagner
            Thank to reply,  I put your typed statement but now cursor blink on last part of statement  '"'); It is not working.
Last semi coln ; is blue not red means there is error

7 (edited by blackpearl8534 2020-07-30 15:29:32)

check it out

form1.edit1.Text:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale where sdate >= '+form1.datetimepicker1.sqldatetime+' and sdate <='+form1.datetimepicker2.sqldatetime+' ');

if not works then change
sqldatetime to datetime

My apology. I see two errors in my statement. Change the second formatter to 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I was missing the 4th Y and it should be single quotes around it.

9 (edited by tcoton 2020-07-31 22:45:50)

The difficulty is to select a date range before even loading the form, so I guess, you were looking for a snippet to implement within existing forms.

I spent some time trying to get something working and it works if you add some components to your form, without your project, we can only give you hints.

I added two components:

- one label to display the result - could be an Edit box too
- one button to trigger the search with no action

Here is the working script (tested multiple times with success):

procedure Form1_Button2_OnClick (Sender: TObject; var Cancel: boolean);

begin

form1.Label1.Caption:= SQLExecute('Select Sum(svalue) from Sale where sdate between '+form1.DateTimePicker1.sqlDate+' and '+form1.DateTimePicker2.sqlDate+'');
end;

Edited the first sentence to sound more positive.

Hi ehwager,
                   Thank you to guide. Now it work perfectly. Would you like to explain statement?
Can we use two ands for example where id = 25 and Date(date1).....

Yes, you can add multiple "and" after a "where" but you might also need to use a "or" if the results are not what you expected.

Thanks to all to guide.

The authoritative message smile