1 (edited by dhekabai 2020-09-28 12:55:50)

Topic: Just curious.

Sorry for the noob question, but What is MyVisualDatabase based on? It looks exactly like RAD Studio? Is it a fork of it?
If that is the case, can anyone point me to a detailed documentation to DateTimePicker and the additional options?
I am encountering what seems to be a bug, when I double click a record in a TableGrid it opens my record in a form but the date is displayed wrong there. It's always an absurd date too, like 12-56-2020 or 10-00-19 or something. Also, clicking save doesn't save the updated record. the date remains the same.
please help.  I have attached screenshots:
imgur .com/a/Lgiw4m7

Also, what is the DefaultChecked property?

Re: Just curious.

Hello dhekabai

Welcome to MVD world !

MVD (My Visual Database) is based upon Delphi langage (Turbo Pascal)
RAD means Rapid Application Development.
The company embarcadero has developed the best RAD that is (in my humble opinion) which allows to create applications in Delphi, C ++, for Android, all this under the same environment, from which MVD was inspired.

About DateTimePicker and its various options, please have a look on menu Book (or Livre) from first page when you are going to create a project.
You will also have a description about DefaultCheck property

Good luck with MVD, really a good way to create simple or complex projects.

JB

jean.brezhonek wrote:

Hello dhekabai

Welcome to MVD world !

The company embarcadero has developed the best RAD that is (in my humble opinion) which allows to create applications in Delphi, C ++, for Android, all this under the same environment, from which MVD was inspired.

About DateTimePicker and its various options, please have a look on menu Book (or Livre) from first page when you are going to create a project.

JB

Thank you so much for your response, I understand now.

P.S. could you also look at the problem I've been facing with DateTimePicker? I've attached screenshots in the Original post.

4 (edited by dhekabai 2020-09-29 05:42:57)

jean.brezhonek wrote:

Hello dhekabai

Welcome to MVD world !

JB

Also, I could not find any documentation for DateTimePicker's DefaultCheck in the PDF ebook hmm

Every time I make a new entry, the field is populated with a weird date like this: imgur .com/C8YUP1V

EDIT: I added this to the script editor, today's date is 29-9-2020, but the dateTimePicker shows either 29-49-2020 or 29-52-2020. This is really frustrating lol

Final Edit: I deleted the DateTimePicker and readded it, and It seems to have been fixed (for now?)

Symbols for date formatting
yy = The last two digits of the year (that is, 2015 would be displayed as "15").
yyyy = The full year (that is, 2015 would be displayed as "2015").
M = The one- or two-digit month number.
MM = The two-digit month number. Single-digit values are preceded by a zero.
MMM = The three-character month abbreviation. (Jan)
MMMM = The full month name. (January)
d = The one- or two-digit day.
dd = The two-digit day. Single-digit day values are preceded by a zero.
ddd = The three-character weekday abbreviation. (Sun)
dddd = The full weekday name. (Sunday)

h = The one- or two-digit hour in 12-hour format.
hh = The two-digit hour in 12-hour format. Single-digit values are preceded by a zero.
H = The one- or two-digit hour in 24-hour format.
HH = The two-digit hour in 24-hour format. Single-digit values are preceded by a zero.
m = The one- or two-digit minute.
mm = The two-digit minute. Single-digit values are preceded by a zero.
t = The one-letter AM/PM abbreviation (that is, AM is displayed as "A").
tt = The two-letter AM/PM abbreviation (that is, AM is displayed as "AM").

Example: Form1.DateTimePicker1.Format := 'MMM dd, yyyy';