Re: Need Help

unforgettable wrote:

Hi brain
         How re you? Today I would like to ask some things about combo box in project last you attached. From combobox2 on form2, how can we display its datas on No_Sale_2 form's tablegrid1?

It'll depend on how are you going to represent the data. As far as I know, Report on No_Sales_2 Form is distinct by Date. So you will have 2 options there to display the flat rates.
Option 1: Is to show flat rates for each category (books, pens, etc.) but this will add fields (7 fields on the current categories) on qtable
Option 2: Is to show total flat rates given for the date. In this case, you only need 1 field to handle the data.

brian

Thank you brain. I want to use option one. Add seven fields but how it will populate and how get value from combobox2. I am trying to get result as shown in attached pic. How it will be?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon unforgettable.jpg 8.89 kb, 2 downloads since 2020-10-29 

unforgettable wrote:

Thank you brain. I want to use option one. Add seven fields but how it will populate and how get value from combobox2. I am trying to get result as shown in attached pic. How it will be?

In that case, I think it is better for you to just use the sales table and display or group it by category.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Income_Expenses_New_8.zip 524.19 kb, 14 downloads since 2020-10-29 

brian

hi brain
          Look at attached project. I am trying to get what I want but it is not working properly. There is some mistake or I could not enter codes correctly. On form2 I got text from combobox2 to EI madedit1 and save it to table sales's field sitem. I made Edit1 enable.Now on form No_Sales by pressing Query button I am not getting desired result. Help plz.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Income_Expenses_New_9.zip 353.3 kb, 14 downloads since 2020-10-29 

55 (edited by brian.zaballa 2020-10-30 05:21:02)

unforgettable wrote:

hi brain
          Look at attached project. I am trying to get what I want but it is not working properly. There is some mistake or I could not enter codes correctly. On form2 I got text from combobox2 to EI madedit1 and save it to table sales's field sitem. I made Edit1 enable.Now on form No_Sales by pressing Query button I am not getting desired result. Help plz.

Again, I would not suggest the report you are trying to obtain. It is a little messy and difficult or let's say impossible to obtain. I would suggest you go with the detailed report. As I can recall, the report on No_Sales form is displaying the count of items per category(which we redesign/recode in No_Sales_2) and not in detailed. The problem on the report you are trying to obtain like in this image http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … mp;preview is not possible with the database structure and in my opinion, I really won't suggest it. The problem with that kind of report is Having multiple items with the same category in a Sales_ticket or with the same date. Other explanation to it is that you don't or cannot align 2 items with different categories in one row for they are in separate record(sales table).

brian

56 (edited by brian.zaballa 2020-10-30 05:22:17)

You can try to group it by date and category.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Income_Expenses_New_10.zip 526.29 kb, 21 downloads since 2020-10-30 

brian

57 (edited by unforgettable 2020-10-30 12:17:10)

Hi brain
       In fact I want to get result same as pic on form No_Sales. Run this project and on form1  click button 'No of Sales'. See what is wrong to display with it.
Thanks to guide.

unforgettable wrote:

Hi brain
       In fact I want to get result same as pic on form No_Sales. Run this project and on form1  click button 'No of Sales'. See what is wrong to display with it.
Thanks to guide.

I already gave you my side on that kind of report you are trying to display. I'll reiterate it, the previous report with that kind of display is the count of items per category. and that is very obtainable. But to display item names instead of the item count in a row with different categories is a No No. I cannot help you with that. Sorry.

brian

Thank you brain to reply. I am sorry  about limitation of database. In fact I dont need report but want to display data in this manner as shown in pic. Any way thank you a lot.

60 (edited by unforgettable 2020-11-10 08:45:43)

Hi Brain and every one,
                on the attached income _ expenses 10, I want to get display as in attached pic. Is it possible? If we can get  (Select count(b.id_category) From sales b Where b.id_category = 2 and b.sdate = a.sdate), on form No_Sales_2, why we can't get  (Select (b.sitem) From sales b Where b.id_category = 1
  and b.sdate = a.sdate) on form No_Sales by pressing query button? as attached pic. Why it is creating problem by more than one entry?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot.png 31.03 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-11-10 

61 (edited by unforgettable 2020-11-10 08:49:03)

Hi Brain and every one,
                on the attached income _ expenses 10, I want to get display as in attached pic. Is it possible? If we can get  (Select count(b.id_category) From sales b Where b.id_category = 2 and b.sdate = a.sdate), on form No_Sales_2, why we can't get  (Select (b.sitem) From sales b Where b.id_category = 1
  and b.sdate = a.sdate) on form No_Sales by pressing query button? as attached pic. Why it is creating problem by more than one entry?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Screenshot.png 31.03 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-11-10