Topic: Application already running

hello friends.. i need script to close application if already running...

Re: Application already running

Hi Blackpearl8543,

I don't know how to close an MVD program by checking Windows processes as I don't think th ePascal Script allows access to the THandle type.

However, if you have your users 'login' then you can use the following script .

//user_log.pas
var
  logged_in : boolean = False;

procedure ClearLogs;
begin
    SqlExecute('DELETE FROM user_log WHERE username = "' + Application.User.Username + '"');
end;

procedure startLogs;
begin
   If SqlExecute('SELECT count(username) FROM user_log WHERE username = "' + Application.User.Username + '"') > 0 then
     Begin
        MessageBox(Application.User.Username + ' is already logged in.' + #13#10#13#10 + 'If this is not correct, please see your administrator.','Login Problem',MB_OK+MB_ICONERROR);
        frmMain.Close;
     End;

frmMain.lbMainUser.Caption := 'Current User is: ' +Application.User.First_name + ' ' + Application.User.Last_name+'  Role: '+Application.User.Role+'  Last Login: '+DateToStr(Application.User.Last_Login);
   SqlExecute('INSERT INTO user_log (username,Logged_In,isLogged_In) VALUES ("' + Application.User.Username + '","' + FormatDateTime('YYYY-MM-DD hh:nnampm',Application.User.last_login) +'",1)'); 
   logged_in := True;  
end;

procedure frmMain_tgLogged_OnCellDoubleClick (Sender: TObject; ACol, ARow: Integer);
begin
       showmessage(frmMain.tgLogged.Cells[ACol,ARow] +' '+frmMain.tgLogged.sqlValue);
       SqlExecute('Delete FROM user_log WHERE username = "' + frmMain.tgLogged.sqlValue + '"');
end;

begin
end.

You can remove the messagebox code and just go straight to formMain.Close

On a clear disk you can seek forever

thanks for help CDB.. but i need application Already running notification... can anyone help .please

Try this

const
  APP_NAME = 'My App Name';
procedure Form1_OnShow (Sender: string; Action: string);
begin
  Form1.Caption := '';
  if FindWindow(nil, APP_NAME) <> 0 then
  begin
      ShowMessage('This application is already opened, you cannot open it again.".');
      Form1.Close;
  end;
  Form1.Caption := APP_NAME;
end;

Bundle of Thankssssss ehwagner]

6 (edited by CDB 2020-11-25 07:16:41)

I can't get the above code to work for me.

I am using the Login form and have inserted the above code in the global begin....end.

It doesn't matter if I have the code at the beginning or end of the code block, what I get on startup is the message telling me the program is already running, even on first instance.  It then goes on to open the login form and opens the main form.

If I move the code into my Mainfrm.show  it ignores the code completely.

begin

frmdbCoreLogin.Caption := 'Workshop Parts Login';

{logo is copyright free from  https://unsplash.com/photos/jXd2FSvcRr8 }
 frmdbCoreLogin.Image1.Picture.loadfromfile((ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+ 'WOS_login.jpg'));

if FindWindow(nil, 'workshopPartsDB') <> 0 then
  begin
     showmessage('already running');
     frmdbCoreLogin.Close;
  end;

I have even tried :

if FindWindow(nil, ExtractFileName(Application.ExeName)) <> 0 then
  begin
     showmessage('already running');
     frmdbCoreLogin.Close;
  end;

And that doesn't work at all!

I have just had a further fiddle and checked the result of the FindWindow function, and, it is always 0, so no wonder the code doesn't work.

I'm running on Windows 10 64bit.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Sometime it works.. You can Check on Calculator ... But i Want to check that sql server is running or not.. and this code does not works on sql server running state