Topic: Capture picture - take a photo

Hi

I want to create a simple database where a field will be a photo.
I want to be able to click on a button next to this field and open the camera of the device I am using to take a picture.
The picture will be saved in the photo field. I do not wish to store a picture saved on the head before. I want to take a new picture at that time with the devices camera.

How can this be done?

Re: Capture picture - take a photo

Hi Geochrist,
Is this the sort of thing you need?
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1
Derek.

Thanks for the reply.

The functionality of your script is not suitable for my case.

When someone clicks the button to take a picture a preview windows should open so that the user can aim at what he wants to shoot at. In this windows a capture button would be pressed to acquire the picture. That is what I need.
Can this be accomplished with getshot.exe? What is the syntax for getshot.exe?

Thank you
George

George, Derek,
I found the attached in my example folder. It previews the image before you take the picture (save image).

Post's attachments

Attachment icon WebCam Another Example.zip 1.25 mb, 298 downloads since 2020-11-24 

Yes this an example of a preview after the picture is taken.

We need a preview before a picture is taken so that the user will be able to point the camera at the right direction to get the shot.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Has anyone tried this solution https://winsoft.sk/fcamera.htm ?

Can it be included in a mvdb project?

Thanks

Here's another workaround using the Delay on the Getshot

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Camera_Delay.zip 1.07 mb, 266 downloads since 2020-11-24 

brian

Hi again,

ehwagner posted a solution that i did not check correctly. I wll review his solution ans post back.

Hi

ehwagner THANK YOU.
This is  exactly what I needed. You do not know how much you have helped me.
This forum is the best place to find solutions for our beloved MVDB!

Best  regards
George

10 (edited by geochrist 2020-11-24 10:03:21)

ehwagner is there a way to automate the loading of the picture taken directly in the record?

At the moment you press the button in Getshots form to take the picture and then you press the Load Img button on the record form to load this picture. Can we do it with 1 click only?

Is Getshot written in MVDB? We could get some nice functionality out of it if we had the source code.

Thanks again,
George

11 (edited by geochrist 2020-11-27 05:14:07)

Is there a way to run an external program just as getshot.exe above inside an mvd window?

I managed to solve my problem with a timer that checks if a picture has been taken and then loads it into the record. As long as the record window is open it automatically captures any pictures taken with getshot.exe.

Thank you all,
George