Application.User.is_admin;
Application.User.is_active;
Application.User.is_logged;
Application.User.Last_login;
Application.User.Date_joined;

Re: Presenting user data

Hello kees.krause

It lacks details
Is it a question to simply create the form that will contain all these fields?
Is it something more complex?
Is the table already created?

JB

Hallo Jean, thanks for your reaction. Yes it is very simple. II just want present some of the information from the table “_user “ (part of user&rules). I tried the script entry: “form1.label1.caption := _user.role” to present the role on form1, but it did not work. Can you help me?

Maybe this is what you are looking for

form1.label1.caption := Application.User.Role;

Application.User do handle the details of logged in user.

brian

5 (edited by derek 2020-11-27 21:17:21)

Hi Kees, Jean, Brian,
Yes, agree with the others - do it something like in the attached (userid = Kees, Password = kees).  I've done it as a label, as per your earlier post, but it's just the same if you use a separate form or a pop-up panel etc.
If I remember correctly (which I don't too often these days - LOL!), 'application.user.xxxxxx' was introduced in 6.3, so if you're using an earlier version, I think you need to just use 'user.xxxxx'.
Stay safe,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon applicationuser.zip 336.05 kb, 333 downloads since 2020-11-27 

Hello Derek. I do not know what your attached example does. Can you please gif some more info

Kees,

Quite simply Derek's program shows you how to use the application.user.xxxxx . In his example he has attached them to a label, you could instead display them in a form caption or an edit box.

Your question was , "How can I present user data on a form?", and Derek's program shows you one way of doing this. I assume you have run his program.

I take it from your question, that you are wanting to do more than just display a user on a form or are you wanting display a selection of users?

I suggest if you need an answer closer to your requirements either attach your program so far to a post and state what it is you are hoping to achieve or explain more precisely what it is your are trying to do.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Sorry Derek and CDB, I am so stupid. I did not look at Derek's application, but at an other. It works.