1 (edited by thezimguy 2021-01-09 09:26:50)

Topic: LinkedFile of DBImage with MySQL

Hello family,
Please, is there any workaround for the problem below?

DBImage with Type LinkedFile and Copyto functions when MVD uses SQLite but when the same project is converted to use MySQL Database, the following stops working;

• CopyTo do not copy the file to the specified diretory

• the photo_filename saved in the database is original link to the file but not the CopyTo Directory link

Thank you.

@thezimguy

Re: LinkedFile of DBImage with MySQL

Hello family, any help on this topic?
Thanks

@thezimguy

I think you should save your image in your database, MySQL is designed for inter-connection. saving image to User1's Computer cannot be accessed by User2's Computer if they are networked.

brian

Thank you Brian, but that is the whole idea. I want only the server machine to access such images so I would prefer saving them into a folder on the server machine.

@thezimguy

5 (edited by brian.zaballa 2020-09-09 14:44:55)

thezimguy wrote:

Thank you Brian, but that is the whole idea. I want only the server machine to access such images so I would prefer saving them into a folder on the server machine.

I think it cannot be done. CopyFile of the MVD works on the User's computer and not with the server. You need to save file on the database. I hope it will be addressed by Drivesoft. Saving files over network is a different story. I'm no expert with it but I know there's a bunch of things to consider when you want to transfer file/s over network.

brian

thezimguy wrote:

Hello family,
Please, is there any workaround for the problem below?

DBImage with Type LinkedFile and Copyto functions when MVD uses SQLite but when the same project is converted to use MySQL Database, the following stops working;

• CopyTo do not copy the file to the specified diretory

• the photo_filename saved in the database is original link to the file but not the CopyTo Directory link

Thank you.

Any update on this topic?

@thezimguy

I also have some problem with DBImage in MySQL. Do you discovery any decision?