1 (edited by anakin 2019-01-15 22:54:32)

Topic: Need Help on my project

Hi,

Anyone here who can help me finish my project? i seem to have been lost.
1. i'm not sure of my tables and forms
2. my buttons wont function as i intend.
3. i dont know how to do computations and how boxes can compute and show on grids.

It's a simple maintenance for a small company. Big thanks guys

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u7ISw … D_4dtRFxrc

---may the force be with you!

Re: Need Help on my project

долго разбираться, много не понятных связей
long to understand

3 (edited by derek 2019-01-16 21:21:27)

Hello Anakin,
I had a quick look at your project and made a few changes.
Of course, it's based on my understanding of what you're trying to do so some of what I've suggested may be invalid.  But at least it may give you some ideas.
In your data structure, you had relationships going in both directions between tables (many:many relationship) but I don't see that being needed with your data.  Also, you had a couple of currency / value fields defined as 'integer' (so these would only have displayed whole numbers rather than the precision (normally 2 decimal places) you need).
With some of your forms that hold 'lookup' data  (which in your project is pretty much everything except the 'service' and the 'article's tables), it's probably easier to set those up as 'editable grids'.  Even the 'asset' table itself is being used just as a 'lookup' for the Maintenance Department, as I understand it.  I've grouped all of these together on just one form (which should make your project slightly quicker to load).
Other than that, I've just used the standard MVD approach of listing all 'service' records in a tablegrid and maintaining individual 'service' records on a discrete form.  And likewise for the 'articles' table.
Unfortunately, your report is messed up a bit now but than can be corrected once everything else is set up as you want it.
Lastly, there is a small script to initially 'click' the search button (now hidden) on Form1 but that's really just a cosmetic thing.
Again, apologies if some of my assumptions for what you're after are wrong but at least the approach might show you a way to proceed.
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon maintenance.zip 347.57 kb, 392 downloads since 2019-01-16 

Hi Derek,

Thank you for you help. It really solved my problem! You made it simpler and more understandable.

Please take a look and help me with these two simple databases: I can't seem to know ho to finish them.
Please help. Thanks again big time.

simple payroll: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10ResX … oT5kfJFdTP

Anakin

Hi Derek,

Here's the warehouse inventory link. I dont know to start it.

simple warehouse: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fqv3q … pmm7Wgy0iB

Derek,

I need your help in finishing a project that I purchased from MVD website.
I wasn't finished by thier developers and I can't seem to get a response from them, Maybe they are busy?
Can you look at it. I can send it to you via email.

Thanks

Anakin

7 (edited by derek 2021-01-14 18:14:45)

Hi Anakin,
It's probably better if you upload your project to the Forum - then anyone who is interested can have a look and try to help.
This should get you a quicker response than waiting until a specific individual has some spare time.
Also, different people will possibly have different ways of doing things and you can then decide which way is best for your requirement.
Derek.

Derek,

Thank you for the idea!

Anakin