Topic: print picture from filelink

Hello MVD
please help me, I have table data with field name, picture, PCfilename.
picture save in folder image in the project with linkfile.
I want show picture in tablegrid1 in form1, and print out data with the picture
i don,t know how do it.
thanks you verry much.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon agusecc report.rar 478.96 kb, 207 downloads since 2021-02-18 

Re: print picture from filelink

Hello,   Anyone help me  please...

3 (edited by derek 2021-02-21 17:57:32)

Hi Agusecc,
I would usually suggest using the 'linkfile' option to keep the size of your database manageable, but looking at the images in your example, they appear to be very small so I don't think this would be an issue.
In that case, if you save your images as 'storefile' rather than 'linkfile', it makes your task a lot easier.  This is because 'storefile' images can be placed directly onto the tablegrid and placed directly into reports;  no script is required. 
The only downside is that you need to make the row height in your tablegrid larger so the images are viewable (see first option in the attachment)..
An alternative to that would be to display each image separately when a specific row is selected in the tablegrid (see second option in the attachment);  this requires a small script.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon agusecc.zip 1.57 mb, 279 downloads since 2021-02-21 

thanks Derek, for your attantion and small project.. excelent...

derek wrote:

Hi Agusecc,
I would usually suggest using the 'linkfile' option to keep the size of your database manageable, but looking at the images in your example, they appear to be very small so I don't think this would be an issue.
In that case, if you save your images as 'storefile' rather than 'linkfile', it makes your task a lot easier.  This is because 'storefile' images can be placed directly onto the table grid and placed directly into reports;  no script is required. 
The only downside is that you need to make the row height in your tablegrid larger so the images are viewable (see first option in the attachment)..
An alternative to that would be to display each image separately when a specific row is selected in the tablegrid (see second option in the attachment);  this requires a small script.
Derek.

can you apply it on the image uploaded via HTML form using mysql

Hi derek
I need script for give image size limit when upload to database..
for example image size >= 100 kb and <= 500 kb

Thanks you