Topic: Merge Multiple Databases into a Single Database

Sir,

I created one software to handle my four-location institute students database. So at each location, I have different student database software created by my visual database.

Sir, Now I want to handle all student databases sitting in one location.

Means, Merge Multiple Databases into a Single Database.

Please help me, how I can do this, and all Table relation should be retained in a single SQL lite

Thank You

Nitin Ingale

Re: Merge Multiple Databases into a Single Database

Hi Sir

Any Solution to how to Merge Multiple Databases into a Single Database

This software does not provide a tool for that task.  My recommendation is to share the database by network and that from several clients have access to it from your created software.  And to solve your already created problem, I recommend using a data comparator, I use the software from the EMS company.  They generate a script that you can run to migrate the data.  It is always advisable to save and check first that everything is fine.  That is why I recommend the first option.

What's new?
- Added export data to CSV (according to standard RFC 4180) (Options > Export data)
- Added import data from CSV (according to standard RFC 4180) (Options > Import data)

Sir, can you do this for me to merge data in one SQLITE

Thank You

Nitin Ingale

You basically have three options. You can use a third party software such as SqliteStudio, or the built-in import process within MVD, or write your own scripts. It is very difficult to recommend a solution without knowing your data structures in your databases. The more complex your database is (multiple relationships, lookups, etc) then it may be necessary to write your own scripts because you need to properly populate the joining keys between tables.

Admin Sir,

Can you do it for me?
I will pay the charges

I am non programmer, i can not write the scripts

Thank You

Nitin Ingale

i recommend you to use onedrive as database location.... i think using this location you can use software from different places....
it is not tested.

nitin.ingale08,
I don't want to take your money. I am not that greedy especially to fellow MVDer's. If you attach your project or database or at least the database structure with some sample data, I or somebody else on the forum can take a look and maybe provide a solution. It really depends on the complexity of the project and time commitments.

Import/Export are very important functions, especially if I'm going to pay full amount for this product. So far, I like the app and can see it coming up to a level of Alpha 5 (eventually). I used that for 20 years, but can't afford it now for my daily farm work. SO - I am considering MVD, and desperately need an import mechanism. I  TOO, would pay some ambitious person to make it happen!