Topic: Need Help

I have design an application. It works ok but due to increasing records, it creating problem to slow load. Some time Not responding appears and some time out of memory message aprpears. My system has 4gb ram. Any solution of this kind of issue.

Re: Need Help

Hello unforgettable

Lots of unresolved questions :

- What kind of application (Database or other)?
- If database, are there images?
- If so, how are they stored (in the database or in a separate folder)?
- Which MVD version is used?
- What operating system is on your PC?
- A copy of your project (without exe and without dll) would be welcome

JB

This is database application without images. Only one image of logo which stored in separate folder. There is windows seven on system.

Check on your calculated fields. having bunch of calculated fields with a subquery might slow down your application with bunch of records.

brian

Thank you  Brain. If the situation  is same as you described then what is the best solution

6 (edited by brian.zaballa 2021-04-05 15:37:50)

try to minimize using a subquery by saving it as a field and not as a calculated field.
a. If you are familiar with trigger, you can use it to save the data after adding or updating a record.
b. if you only need it(the calculated) on a report, then having a query that will save the data in a filed before the report will be nice too
c. adding a hidden field on the form that will get/save the calculated as a field on database before saving the record.

note: you need to perform a one-time query to update the existing records in the database.

brian

7 (edited by derek 2021-04-05 16:09:20)

I would suggest looking at the underlying database to see if poor design might be a cause.
You also mention that the project is slow to load;  the number of forms in your project could also be a possible issue.
But as always, unless you're prepared to upload your project, everything is just speculation.
Derek.

Thank you brain and derek. Only one form takes the time to load that have data to display. What is Trigger? would you like to explain it with a detail?  I have made this project using attached project with some alteration in size and design not in codes. As transactions increase about thousand or more Sales_2 form take time to load.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Income_Expenses_New_10.zip 526.29 kb, 232 downloads since 2021-04-05