1 (edited by joshuA 2021-09-19 19:24:32)

Topic: [SOLVED] Report Multi-column Data on Single Pages

Hi All,
I was wondering if it is possible to get FastReport to use more of the page space by printing multiple columns instead of creating new pages. I tried resizing the width of the MasterData section, but this does not seem possible.
Has anyone else tried this? Is it possible? Any thoughts or ideas?
There have been a few cases where producing a similar report would be nice. My example is just a list of city names, but I have included screenshots as well.
Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon report-multi-column-data-single-page.zip 451.17 kb, 275 downloads since 2021-09-19 

"Energy and persistence conquer all things."

2 (edited by derek 2021-09-19 12:48:19)

Re: [SOLVED] Report Multi-column Data on Single Pages

Hi Joshua,
In your report, just
1.  remove the middle and right columns (heading and master data) that you created so you just have 1 column of data on the left.
2.  select the 'page' object (see screenshot in the attachment)
3.  select the number of columns you want  (Fast Report sorts out the spacing etc)
It's also a lot easier to sort the list alphabetically in the Report function of MVD before the data goes across into FastReport
That should be it.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon report-multi-column-data-single-page.zip 767.26 kb, 338 downloads since 2021-09-19 

Re: [SOLVED] Report Multi-column Data on Single Pages

Derek,
Wow, that was really easy.  Sorry for asking such a simple question, but I would have never noticed that otherwise.
As always, thank you.  You are a master here.
Also thanks for the sorting tip too.  I have noticed sometimes FastReport seems to stutter when it first loads with that much data.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things."