Topic: Dynamic forms!

Hi,
I just wondering about dynamic forms in MVDB!

Imagine we have a database with some items, and want to have a button for each item in database which is clickable to open that item showrecord form and be able to drag and rearrange buttons like in editor but in end software! so end user can customize forms (at least rearrange buttons).

is it possible at all?

Re: Dynamic forms!

I think you need to have a look at K245 posts in the Russian section, his latest 'tutorial' address that kind of thing using MVD.

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Nothing's Impossible (c) DM

However, in practice I have created custom toolbars and menus from the program, including customizing button images. This made sense, since it allows you to abandon the programming of this functionality in each new project.

In some projects, where the number of forms has exceeded a hundred, I thought about creating dynamic forms, which is quite justified if their functionality is the same type, and the appearance is uniform. But in practice, there are many conventions that require writing code and non-standard placement of interface elements.

Also, I am not a supporter of 100% customization of the appearance of the application, as this will make it difficult to write a user manual for the final product. The UX/UI designer should be responsible for the arrangement of the elements.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

This was the article I was thinking of.

https://createmyvisualdatabaseapp.blogs … -post.html

On a clear disk you can seek forever

CDB wrote:

This was the article I was thinking of.

https://createmyvisualdatabaseapp.blogs … -post.html

This article is about writing object-oriented code. Forms are not dynamic, they are created in the designer of the application. But the handler code is the same for all forms.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

Wow,
Many thanks @k245 and @CDB