Topic: How to make Report for multi table ?

Hi,
Any one can show me how to make report with 2 table ?

In fast report manual look there is ability to add 2 table but I can't figure out how to make that

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Multi Table Report.png 292.87 kb, 126 downloads since 2022-02-23 

Life is like a school;
One can learn and graduate or stay behind.

Re: How to make Report for multi table ?

Hi,
If you are using the standard 'report' option within MVD, then any tables that you specify in your report selection are automatically carried across to FastReport;  in the attached example, your 'Customers' table is the equivalent to the 'Departments' table and your 'Orders' table is the equivalent to the 'Employees' table.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fmr report.zip 353.93 kb, 260 downloads since 2022-02-23 

Hi,
I build example for what I need, Please see the attached example. There is a Print button in Celeb Details page

I need the report look like this image

https://i.ibb.co/wrZ2BGV/Multi-Table-Report-2.png

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Report_Multi_Table.zip 6.41 kb, 236 downloads since 2022-02-24 

Life is like a school;

Hi,
I had a quick look at your project.
What you have is a very straightforward requirement and there is no need for you to use either a script or ReportSQL. 
The main problem is that you data structure is wrong - basically, you do not have any relationships between your tables and it seems you are trying to link them manually using a counter rather than creating relationships in your data schema and letting MVD maintain the links.
Without the correct data structure nothing will work properly, including any reports you want.
Have a look at the attachment.  There are two different approaches you could take for your project, depending on how you want your project to be used. 
a.  FMR1 works at the level of what 'occupation' a celebrity had in a film
b.  FMR2 is more hierarchical - you start with a celebrity (master data) and then go down to the 'occupation' (detail data).
Both FMR1 and FMR2 use the same data schema and the same report but first you must understand your data relationships if you want this (and any other project) to work.  This holds true for ALL relational database software, not just MyVisualDatabase.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fmr report.zip 683.54 kb, 284 downloads since 2022-02-24 

5 (edited by FMR 2022-02-24 20:52:14)

Hi Derek

You have my deepest thanks.

I think the FMR1 more fit my requirements except the counter is missing and I need it, I will try to figure out how to add counter to apply it into my project.

Life is like a school;