Topic: A quick hello from an old member

Hello all,

I haven't been active lately but I still survey the forum (via RSS feeds almost daily) and I thought I'd stop by and say hello.
It's so nice to see so many known faces still around and others that are new. I was wondering how guys were doing and I see a lot of activity, that's heart warming.

As you might guess, I am now a few versions late with MVD and haven't renewed my licence for a long time.

I still use my old MVD to "teach" my daughters the general ideas and the logic behind"coding" and what a RAD is, but as a daily tool, I now use Embarcadero RAD Studio : my needs pushed me in that direction and they are all covered now. But I was blessed to stumbled upon MVD, because this tool put me in the saddle and I never stopped learning.

Not only the tool but the great community found here, that I miss, I have to admit.
Dmitry, Derek, v_posidis, Jean B to name only a few... cheers guys and see you around

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Re: A quick hello from an old member

Bonjour Mathias
Heureux de te revoir parmi nous.
J'ai toujours eu plaisir à profiter de tes conseils.
De notre côté, les "anciens" font ce qu'ils peuvent pour aider les nouveaux venus dans MVD, cet outil superbe.
Je programme toujours avec MVD, c'est tellement facile, mais je passe également à Embarcadero RAD XE3 quand j'ai besoin d'utiliser des fonctions encore absentes dans MVD.
Mais en l'absence d'un petit mot de Dmitry depuis plusieurs mois, j'ignore quel sera l'avenir de MVD, ce serait une grand dommage qu'il ne puisse plus évoluer.
A bientôt de te lire, Mathias
Cordialement
JB

Hello Mathias
Glad to have you back with us.
I have always enjoyed taking your advice.
On our side, the "old timers" are doing what they can to help newcomers to MVD, this superb tool.
I still program with MVD, it's so easy, but I also switch to Embarcadero RAD XE3 when I need to use features not yet available in MVD.
But in the absence of a word from Dmitry for several months, I don't know what the future of MVD will be, it would be a great pity that it could no longer evolve.
See you soon, Mathias
Cordially
JB

Hello, I add a little word to tell you that you "old" you allow us to move forward in the programming and it's been a while now that I apply your advice and I am well advanced in my projects.
I am very satisfied with MVD because such an application should live for a very long time and I hope so because it gives us exhilarating moments to implement software that we will not find on the market.
Thanks again to all of you who take the time to answer us when a problem blocks us and the answers are quick.
destiny

Bonjour, j'ajoute un petit mot pour vous dire que vous les "anciens" vous nous permettez d'avancer dans la programmation et cela fait maintenant un bout de temps que j'applique vos conseils et je suis bien avancé dans mes projets.
je suis très satisfait de MVD car une telle application devrait vivre encore très longtemps et je l'espère car elle nous fait vivre des moments exaltants pour mettre en oeuvre des logiciels que nous ne trouiveront pas dans le commerce.
Encore merci a vous tous qui prenez le temps de nous répondrent quand un problème nous bloque et les réponses sont rapide.
Destiny

Destiny

hi Mattia, do you have an example project made with Rad Studio to connect a database?

Domebil

Hello Destiny

Comment va ta collection de timbres ? Terminée ?
JB

6 (edited by Destiny 2022-03-02 06:38:12)

Bonjour Jean, oui mon logiciel est terminé et j'en suis très content, c'est un peu grâce à toi avec les conseils que tu m'as donné ainsi que Derek, DriveSoft, Sparrow, brian.zaballa, ehwagner ainsi que d'autres très actif sur le forum.
Je vous dis à bientôt car mes connaissances en programmation ne sont pas terminées.

Destiny

Destiny,
A ta disposition

At your disposal
JB

domebil wrote:

hi Mattia, do you have an example project made with Rad Studio to connect a database?

God, I missed that question big time, sorry.

What kind of database fo you want to connect to ?
RAD Studio ships with Firedac, and I use the TFDConnection component to connect to any database, but usually SQLite.

Give a little more detail and I'llsee to help you.

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor