1 (edited by identity 2022-06-13 13:12:52)

Topic: merge two forms

Hi
Is there anyway to record all the textboxes in two different forms for a single person?
What I'm trying to do is that I need to record lots of information for each personnel and I cant fit all the textboxes in one form so I need two different forms ( one for personal info and the other for his spouse info)
I have attached a sample (2 forms , each with a textbox) please show me how to combine the forms together
thank you all

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LinkFile File Name.rar 407.75 kb, 111 downloads since 2022-06-13 

2 (edited by domebil 2022-06-13 14:43:21)

Re: merge two forms

see if this example

Post's attachments

Attachment icon LinkFile File Nameok.rar 601.13 kb, 150 downloads since 2022-06-13 

Domebil

Hi Identity,
Personally, I think your requirement is ideally suited to the page control / tab sheet functionality - it's standard MVD so no script is needed.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tabsheets.zip 337.2 kb, 148 downloads since 2022-06-13 

Hi
thank you domebil for your nice script and thank you Derek for your help
I know about page control / tab sheet functionality and used it in my form but the information that should be included are a lot more than a form and some page controls.
For example all the personal info should be included in one form
all the information regarding marriage and spouses should be included in another form
and finally all the information regarding children should be included in the third form
So I desperately need to combine 3 different forms together
Is there any way to connect them using scripts or buttons or etc?
thank you

to save in a form or in a database? why is there a difference

Domebil

identity wrote:

Hi
thank you domebil for your nice script and thank you Derek for your help
I know about page control / tab sheet functionality and used it in my form but the information that should be included are a lot more than a form and some page controls.
For example all the personal info should be included in one form
all the information regarding marriage and spouses should be included in another form
and finally all the information regarding children should be included in the third form
So I desperately need to combine 3 different forms together
Is there any way to connect them using scripts or buttons or etc?
thank you

It's possible to do it, but it's a bad idea. You will get confused in the conventions of the logic of work.

The point of the edit form is that it allows you to:

1. Prepare data for adding
2.1 Record prepared data or
2.2 Refuse to record data.

If you have several editing / adding forms for the same record in the database, then you will have to implement all the logic using scripts, without support from the MVDB components - there should be a handler on the "Save" canopy that will collect all the data from all forms of editing and will execute the required SQL query to add or update data. And every time you modify your forms, you will be forced to edit this script.

There must be a very good reason to make such an engineering decision. In my three years of development in the MVDB environment, I had no such reasons.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.