Topic: Bar Code Reader

Hi all,
        I want to use a bar code reader in my project and my project is related to a shop where some items have bar codes and some have not. In search 
field like a text box where a code from bar code scanner will enter and other text box should show packing and price of an item. How it will be?

2 (edited by pavlenko.vladimir.v 2022-09-06 12:16:52)

Re: Bar Code Reader

unforgettable wrote:

Hi all,
        I want to use a bar code reader in my project and my project is related to a shop where some items have bar codes and some have not. In search 
field like a text box where a code from bar code scanner will enter and other text box should show packing and price of an item. How it will be?

Вам нужно настроить сканер штрих кода на эмуляцию клавиш, для этого в комплете должен быть специальный штрих код и его нужно прочесть сканером.
при открытии окна делаете фокус на текстовом поле.

You need to configure the barcode scanner to emulate keys, for this the kit must have a special barcode and it needs to be read by the scanner.
when you open a window, focus on the text field.

Create a barcode column dn database...
Store barcode in database.
Add a edit1 component in sale form and connect edit1 with barcode column and datagrid too.
Create search button and configure edit1 as barcode search component.
Now create onchange event on edit1.
Set focus on edit1.
Use barcode reader on item...
Required item will be show in datagrid.

Hi blackpearl8534
                            Thank you to reply. Can you attach a project as sample which will guide me.

Sorry friend... i dont have any project..
I lost all projects due to harddisk damage.
But i'll try to make an example .
Please upload your project.

6 (edited by pavlenko.vladimir.v 2022-09-11 17:11:21)

unforgettable wrote:

Hi blackpearl8534
                            Thank you to reply. Can you attach a project as sample which will guide me.

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=9030&download=0
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6853

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Без имени.png 143.3 kb, 44 downloads since 2022-09-11