1 (edited by mathmathou 2022-09-12 22:43:10)

Topic: Generally slow

Hello all,

Thanks to a friend (or maybe because, it's a question of perspective lol) who wants to develop his own application, I'm back to using MVD.
I downloaded the latest version and my first impression was "sluggishness" : it takes a long time to compile an application with a few forms and a 20 MB SQLite database, and the application itself take as much time to launch as well.

In my souvenirs, compilation and execution were much faster (my latest paid version was something like 3.5 or around). Is it a trial version limitation or maybe my computer ? Did you notice that as well ?

Anyway, it's good to be back smile

Cheers

Math

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Re: Generally slow

Salut Math,
Nice to see you around again.
I've not noticed any major change in responsiveness between MVD versions.
If you want to post a link to the project, I could download it, make a small change to force it to recompile (MVD6.5 / Windows10) and see what sort of response times I'm getting (I know it's pretty arbitrary running on different PC etc, but it might give an indication).
Regards,
Derek.

Hello mathmathou, hello Derek, with MVD I have created projects which for some are quite impressive but I have not noticed any slowness either in loading or compiling it even with very many images.
For me there is no problem.
Destiny

Destiny

I don't notice any slowness

Domebil

Hello and thank you all for your answer.

Derek, thanks for the offer as well. Since my last visit, I restarted from scratch his application with a clean database layout and.... guess what ?
The application compiles and runs normally.

I'm not sure what went wrong in his creation process, but it is solved now.

My major concern is that my evaluation licence will expire soon. Would you acquire a new licence to help a friend ? That's the question smile

Until next time, take care all

Cheers

Math

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Hello All!

I confirm that the compilation of the project with each version is slower. This can be easily explained, since with each version the set of components and their properties that the framework supports is expanding. The assembly of the XML file with forms is very slow. I have a project that has over 50 forms. It compiles in about a minute, although my computer is quite powerful. There are also delays when launching applications if: 1) they have a lot of forms 2) they have a lot of drop-down lists that are connected to tables with a large number of records. The last point is due to the automatic execution of the UpdateDatabase procedure when the application starts.

P.S.I have a lifetime license, but it seems to me that there will be no new versions of MVDB.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.