Topic: Formatted table

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to make a table of different formats without going through a TableGrid to directly enter information or photos in the boxes and which will remain displayed on the form. It would be very useful for an e-commerce.
Sabine

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Tableau.jpg 17.43 kb, 37 downloads since 2022-12-03 

Re: Formatted table

Your request is not entirely clear. The picture is also not informative. Specify what exactly you would like to implement?

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

It is a table to display orders to present products with photos, references, prices, etc....
I would have to be able to write directly in the boxes in order to be able to modify them in real time or even replace them.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Tableau.jpg 23.31 kb, 41 downloads since 2022-12-03 

Hi Sabine, Hi Konstanin,
Maybe try it like this (see attached).
It tests to see if there is an image for the record;
1.  if there isn't an image, it uses the standard row height for the tablegrid.
2.  if there is an image, it uses the height of the image (but this is always going to be the height of the image container, so perhaps it isn't as flexible as you'd want it).
Anyway, might give you some ideas.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon variable row height.zip 1.12 mb, 141 downloads since 2022-12-03 

5 (edited by sdpc62 2022-12-03 18:22:34)

Thanks Desrek, I'll give it a try.
I would have liked it to look like an excel table (but without excel) to enter text or an image directly into the boxes of the table without going through an 'Add' button and for my data to be saved immediately, it could be independent boxes tight to each other.
Do you understand what I mean.
-----------------
As if I had to fill a sheet with lines that would take the automatic size of my text and my image.

Hi Sabine,
Yes, I understand what you mean about entering the data directly.
If you want it to look like an excel table, then you would normally use an editable tablegrid.
However, with editable grids, I don't believe you can specify an image.
In my attachment, you are always in 'insert' mode and it is all on just one form - it was the closest I could get it without spending time on it.
Not sure about any other options.
Derek.

Hi Sabine, Hi Derek!

It makes no sense to repeat Excel, and the MVDB will not allow this to be done in a simple way.

Direct editing of the table is possible, but as Derek rightly pointed out, nothing will work with images.

The difference between MVDB and Excel and Notepad is that MVDB is designed to store data in a structured form. At the same time, it is best to use the edit form to enter data.

Perhaps we can give you better advice if you describe the business problem you need to solve.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

Thanks to Derek and k245 for their advice. I'm keeping Derek's solution which seems to be closer to what I'm asking.
I will try other things, if I find a solution I will let you know.
Sabine