1 (edited by NewFanatic115@gmail.com 2023-03-10 13:15:00)

Topic: Hi guys kindly help me with this issue. Thank you

Just downloaded MVD and I really love it. But I am having trouble with this issue.
Is this possible on MVD? When I enter a "records" on the form and then I click on i I want the other table on the right to be directly be editable.
Then when I scroll down it will change and reflect to a different data. It might be hard to explain so I upload the file.

Cause Its like a trackr for the date/clininc and lab number on the left side with that I can scroll down,  then when I click it  the right side will be automatically switch with main results (Chemistry, Clinical Microscopy and Hematology).

Any help is really appreciated. Please

Thank you

username and password is admin/admin

Post's attachments

Attachment icon To Derek.rar 406.49 kb, 110 downloads since 2023-03-10 

Re: Hi guys kindly help me with this issue. Thank you

Hi,
Can you clarify?
Do you want to show ONE chemical, ONE clinical and ONE haematology record per each Lab Record (date/clinic) or are there multiple chemical, clinical and haematology records per each Lab Record.
Derek.

3 (edited by NewFanatic115@gmail.com 2023-03-10 13:15:21)

Hi Derek,

Appreciate the response.  What I am hoping to do is that when I click the lab record (dat/clinic), I can put in these lab results here. From Chemical results, Clinical results and haematology results (multiple) with the image below

I have adjusted the file but do you think it is all too convoluted and complicated? May I ask what will be in our opinion on how to make this more efficient or pleasing?

Let me re-upload the file on my original post with my adjustment

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture.JPG 69.12 kb, 31 downloads since 2023-03-10 

Hi,
Bit pressed for time at the moment but had a quick look at your project and have attached an example with a few suggestions that you might consider.
A couple of points;
1.  Rather than use your own 'user authorisation' routine, I'd stick with the one supplied with MVD;  it has quite a few nice features, one of which is the ability to switch off and switch on certain functions depending on the user's role (for example, log in with John Doe (password = doe) and you can see that the buttons to access the dictionary maintenance screen and to set up new users are removed.  It makes it very easy if you have users with segregated duties.
2.  I tried to make my example 'script free' (and almost did it!). What is in the script is mainly cosmetic.
But obviously the more script you write, the more you can achieve (although I appreciate that not everyone wants to become a full time programmer).
3.  There are always different ways of tackling things in MVD and what I've come up with is based on an incomplete understanding of your data and the overall aims of the your project and so might not be wholly relevant.  But hopefully it might be something to get you moving.
Regards,
Derek.

UPDATE:  made a couple of changes to fix bugs (see attachment for new version)

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Example 2 (2).zip 457.3 kb, 108 downloads since 2023-03-11 

Hi Derek. Can you please explain how did you insert the icon in the buttons??

The acronym is in the "Caption", see image.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Sigle.jpg 6.66 kb, 36 downloads since 2023-03-11 

Destiny

Hi V_pozidis,
No problem.
I didn't like the standard MVD button icons because there was
1.  not much choice
2.  the icon didn't re-size when you enlarged the button itself.
I also saw a couple of years ago that Jean, Matthais and a few others had written a script to add their own icons to buttons but, as ever, I was trying to come up with a solution that didn't require a script!
So what I do is use Unicode symbols and place them in the 'caption' property of the button and then re-size them to however large I want them to be.  It does mean that they are not in colour but for me that was an acceptable compromise.
Please have a look at the attachment (screenshot1) of how to do it - and the program is just a selection of Unicode symbols that I use.  Also, you can click on the link at the bottom of the form to go to the website where I get most of my Unicode symbols from).
Also be aware that you can also use Unicode symbols in lots of other ways - as labels for edit fields, symbols in comboboxs and in tablegrids (there are examples in the attachment).
Hope this helps.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon button symbols.zip 594.85 kb, 125 downloads since 2023-03-11 

Thank you Derek. Such a great solution.!!!

derek wrote:

Hi,
Bit pressed for time at the moment but had a quick look at your project and have attached an example with a few suggestions that you might consider.
A couple of points;
1.  Rather than use your own 'user authorisation' routine, I'd stick with the one supplied with MVD;  it has quite a few nice features, one of which is the ability to switch off and switch on certain functions depending on the user's role (for example, log in with John Doe (password = doe) and you can see that the buttons to access the dictionary maintenance screen and to set up new users are removed.  It makes it very easy if you have users with segregated duties.
2.  I tried to make my example 'script free' (and almost did it!). What is in the script is mainly cosmetic.
But obviously the more script you write, the more you can achieve (although I appreciate that not everyone wants to become a full time programmer).
3.  There are always different ways of tackling things in MVD and what I've come up with is based on an incomplete understanding of your data and the overall aims of the your project and so might not be wholly relevant.  But hopefully it might be something to get you moving.
Regards,
Derek.

UPDATE:  made a couple of changes to fix bugs (see attachment for new version)

Thanks so much Derek!

It is possible to create your own symbols through the Windows Character Editor then you can insert it into your buttons. Example below:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon OIP.png 9.85 kb, 37 downloads since 2023-03-14 

Destiny