1 (edited by AD1408 2019-08-03 10:41:56)

Topic: Eisenhower matrix

Who can create a best Eisenhower matrix app with MVD and post on this thread?

The idea is that by prioritizing todo's to improve productivity.
I imagine use of monthly calendar could also be included.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Eisenhower matrix.png 159.35 kb, 171 downloads since 2019-08-03 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

2 (edited by derek 2019-08-03 14:47:05)

Re: Eisenhower matrix

Hi Adam,
Must be quite a few ways of creating an Eisenhower Matrix.
The simplest would probably be just a form with 4 memo fields, each one corresponding to a field in a table.
In the attached, I've used 4 tablegrids as it's easier to separate out discrete tasks and you can then just move them from one quarter to another by changing their priority;  the script is purely for cosmetic stuff / ease of use so you could get away without it.
I haven't done so (as you don't usually specify dates in an Eisenhower Matrix, from what I remember) but it would be easy enough to add date/time fields to the 'tasks' table and show these on the grids.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower.zip 424.55 kb, 326 downloads since 2019-08-03 

Derek, Adam

I was playing around with drag and drop on your project Derek and came up with the attached. You can click and drag a task from one quadrant to another. Try it out.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower revised.zip 427.1 kb, 359 downloads since 2019-08-03 

4 (edited by derek 2019-08-03 23:38:51)

Hi EHW,
I couldn't work out how you were doing the 'dragging' (but in effect, you're not!) - it's taking whatever row is highlighted in whichever grid and then using the 'on mouse up' to work out your current location - then you change the priority status accordingly and allow the filter in each grid to do the moving.  Conceptually (and in practise), it's really effective.  Nice one.
The only 'extra' I could think of is, on mousedown, to change the cursor from 'crdefault' to 'crdrag', but it's purely cosmetic.
Thanks for your input,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower revised2.zip 429.28 kb, 367 downloads since 2019-08-04 

Hi Derek and EHW,

Thank you both for your very helpful sample projects....

What about adding an another table (Projects) so that each project can have their own quadrant.
I couldn't connect all tables as needed.

Adam

Derek you're right. It's not really a drag and drop in its true sense, but it does give the illusion of one. Your drag cursor was a nice touch, It made it look even more like dragging. Thanks.

I have put together two versions of Eisenhower Matrix using Derek's and EHW's script.

Version 2 is RTF based simpler approach.

Version 3 is based on Derek's and EHW's samples. Added extra grid (main grid for projects). This way we can have Eisenhower Matrix for each projects separately. I have managed to connect grids using Derek's helpful past sample projects. However, I'm not sure if everything implemented correctly or not. All improvements, inputs and corrections are welcome.

ps/. I used one of my template project which includes app password (thanks to EHW) and some other features not directly relevant to this project.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Eisenhower Matrix v2v3.zip 714.98 kb, 373 downloads since 2019-08-06 

Adam

wow,thanks darek.
I always like your reply.

JUST LEARNING, O GOD HELP ME.

I was trying to add memo display on grid by mousedown event.

Found the following code from Dmitry:

form1.memo1.Text := sqlexecute('select message from phonecalls where id =' +inttostr(Form1.TableGrid1.dbIndexToID(Form1.TableGrid1.GetRowAtPos(x,y))));

It works fine but when clicked on grid where a row doesn't contain data; it produces "List index out of bounds" message. Is there a way to eliminate it?

Adam

10 (edited by sibprogsistem 2019-08-06 16:27:00)

if  Form1.TableGrid1.dbIndexToID(Form1.TableGrid1.GetRowAtPos(x,y)))<>'' then

sibprogsistem wrote:
if  Form1.TableGrid1.dbIndexToID(Form1.TableGrid1.GetRowAtPos(x,y)))<>'' then

then what?

Adam

Hi Adam,
Just seen your post about adding multiple projects.
Using the example that EHW and I put together, I'd bolt another table onto the structure and then just modify the forms, where relevant.
See attached (the icon top left displays available projects and allows maintenance).  After that, task maintenance is done within each quadrant.  Re-assigning priorities is now done solely by drag-and-drop).
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower revised4.zip 433.46 kb, 368 downloads since 2019-08-06 

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for the revised version showing new stuff - at least for me....
Truly appreciated............

Adam

If you want to learn something new just follow DEREK.

JUST LEARNING, O GOD HELP ME.

Hi all,

Let's bring to light an example that I liked.

Ehwagner, Derek and AD1408,

In your project, I decided to simplify the script a little so as not to scare away users "X", "Y" and other "UPDATE" .
Something like this:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower revised5.zip 418.46 kb, 107 downloads since 2023-05-05 

Hi everyone. I have read the thread with interest and looked at your projects. It's all very interesting. Among other things, having never heard of this "Eisenhower matrix", I immediately went to find out what it was and I discovered something new.

Indeed, an interesting topic. And I also learned something interesting for myself: that the OnMouseEnter event when the mouse button is pressed comes after the OnMouseUp event.

Do not call me a bore, but I do not quite understand why the named priority statuses (Important-Urgent, Important-Not Urgent, Not Important-Urgent, Not Important-Not Urgent) give advantages over the numeric ones (1-2-3-4)? And why are four lists on the screen more convenient than one linear list? I agree that the proposed criteria for separation of concerns are convenient, but the visual representation seems to me debatable.

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

18 (edited by sparrow 2023-05-07 15:06:24)

I was attracted by moving tasks between windows and it was interesting to simplify and work with the script.
This can also be done via the dropdown menu.
As for the event, apparently the program is waiting until the previous event is completed.
MouseLeave is also triggered after.
More correctly after MouseDown for the left button.

I am not a fan of matrices.

Asifmute wrote:

If you want to learn something new just follow DEREK.

Very true. He also has the ability to understand what you're asking even if you write it terribly. Furthermore, he always explains in a clear and understandable way what you are asking, sometimes even before you ask him.
This doesn't take anything away from the others who always strive to help those with a hard head like me and whom I will always thank.

Version with the ability to move tasks between tables:
1. Mouse (left mouse button)
2. Drop down menu (right mouse button)
3. Keyboard shortcuts.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon eisenhower revised6.zip 406.2 kb, 105 downloads since 2023-05-07 

21 (edited by k245 2023-05-08 18:02:18)

sparrow wrote:

As for the event, apparently the program is waiting until the previous event is completed.
MouseLeave is also triggered after.
More correctly after MouseDown for the left button.

It turns out that onMouseDown suspends the processing of the events onMouseEnter and onMouseLeave. For me it was a shock, but there is certainly a logical explanation for this.

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&amp;item=9431&amp;download=0

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Events.png 18.05 kb, 34 downloads since 2023-05-08 

Визуальное программирование: блог и телеграм-канал.

Hi Guys,

I was implementing EM on a multi section project with a slightly different layout. However, I couldn't work out drag n drop coordinates. Tried sparrow's solution I couldn't get that working too.

Please see the attached file:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon EM 1.5 Work.zip 22.73 kb, 71 downloads since 2023-06-01 

Adam

Hi Adam,
You could try it something like the attached (a cut down version of a 'to do' list I knocked up a while ago but without the bells and whistles!) where you don't have to worry about co-ordinates etc.  It's enough just to know what grid you have 'moused' into.
Maybe you can incorporate it into your project.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon task list simplified.zip 341.77 kb, 103 downloads since 2023-06-01 

Hi Adam, Hi Derek

Adam, look at an example. Made some corrections and corrected by moving between TableGrid.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon EM 1.5 Work - fix.zip 345.46 kb, 89 downloads since 2023-06-01 

Derek looks great.

But try to click on any record of any table. Release the mouse button and then move the mouse to another table.

Or, when moving the record, bring it outside the program window. Release the mouse button and move the mouse back to another table.

This is what I struggled with too. )))))