I have used MVD for a few weeks now and would like to make the following suggestions for features in a future release.
** SMALL IMPROVEMENTS TO TABLEGRID
1. A currency field shows in a tablegrid column as right-justified automatically. Can the column header.alignment also be right-justified automatically?
2. A currency field's properties can be set in the Object Inspector to display, for example, as £27,500.00 but shows as 27500 in the tablegrid (cell) and as £27500.00 in the tablegrid (footer). Can both tablegrid (cell) and tablegrid (footer) display the field contents exactly as defined in the field's properties so that it is consistent?
3. Could a color picker be added to the tablegrid footer options so that footer summaries can be easily highlighted (ie, 'Formula', 'Text Before', 'Text After' and then 'Color Picker')?
** NEW FIELD PROPERTIES IN THE OBJECT INSPECTOR
4. Add an 'uppercase' property to force upper case to ensure that data is entered consistently.
5. Add a 'hint' property with an edit box so you can write help messages that will appear when hovering over the form / tablegrid / field with the mouse.
6. Add a vertical scroll-bar property for text fields that are displayed as memos.
** NEW BUTTON ACTION
7. Add a new BUTTON action that makes an 'open url' call to a website.
** NEW FIELD TYPE
8. A "LIST" field type (like Google Docs' List of Items where you create a small list of valid entries, separated by commas).
For example, in your MVD Students project, currently you have to:
a) create 5 separate 'dictionary' tables (sex, groupname, specname, status, prohod),
b) create 5 relationships with other tables
c) create 6 forms.
With a "LIST" field type, you would only need 5 "List" fields with list items of (Male,Female), (1st Attempt,2nd Attempt), (01,02), (Doctor,Lawyer) and (Normal,Fired,Graduate) - much more simple.
Perhaps there are programming reasons why you can't have an option like this but it would make creating a project much quicker and easier to set up.
I understand that most of these things can be done by writing scripts (as I have done myself) but for ease of use, speed of development and for those Users who are not comfortable with scripts, perhaps some of these things could be included as part of the basic MVD program in the future.
Thanks for all your help so far.