Topic: Error Message - Every Search Box

Hi

I have struck a small problem with my project.  Everytime I edit a search box / table grid I get an Access violation.  I am not sure where to look to resolve this.

Attached is my project, but would appreciate any help to resolve.

Thanks
tc

Re: Error Message - Every Search Box

Hi

Realized my description was not the best

So my project compiles fine, and works
But whenever I edit a button / tablegrid I get an error message

Access violation at address 0040697F in module
MyVisualDB.exe. Read of address 0E214F98

Feel sure it is something I have done, as I have just started to design in MyVisualDB

Thanks in advance
tc

Hello.

Please attach your project (zip file without exe and dll)

Dmitry.

Hi

File attached.

Thanks
tc

Post's attachments

Attachment icon TC2018.zip 15.43 kb, 300 downloads since 2018-03-19 

Hello.

Unfortunately I don't see any error messages.

Please describe exact steps to reproduce the error, with name form and components.

Dmitry.

Hi,
Can you have a look at the attached and see if you still get the 'access violation' error?
Thanks,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon tcsplintersproblem.zip 348.15 kb, 322 downloads since 2018-03-21 

Hi Derek & Dmitry

Derek, I dont see any error message in the version you sent me - could you explain what you resolved?

Dmitry - interestingly enough, today I dont see any errors in my database at all - so I may have acciedently fixed something.

Thanks to you both
tc

Hi TC,
I was able to recreate your errors by adding new fields to the search, new columns to the tablegrid etc etc.
Then I started removing objects from the Form, one by one, and then tried (and succeeded) in recreating the error. 
When I removed the 'Edit Customer' button (which WAS Button4), everything started working as you'd expect.
But if I re-used Button4 for the Customer Edit, the problem returned.
So I simply added a completely new button (Button7) as the Edit Customer button and didn't encounter any further issues.
I vaguely remember having a similar problem ages ago after I'd made a load of changes to various objects on a form - but to be fair, it's very unusual and MVD is normally rock-solid on things like that.
Just to mention - I changed a few things on your form as part of testing (new search fields, new columns, incremental searches etc) so you'll probably want to change them back.  Should have put them back to how they were but I forgot - mea culpa - LOL!
Regards,
Derek.

Hi Derek

Thank you for that.  No problem with the changes, will use yours as an example

Many thanks
tc