Topic: Tablegrid - no auto-execution

Hi,

I am new to MVD and just trying it out but i am really impressed so far.  I have 3 questions and apologies if they've been answered elsewhere (i have gone through the forum topics and couldn't find anything similar).

1.  I have a tablegrid (set to 'no auto execution of the query' so that it initially displays zero rows), a search criteria and a search button.  However, the user can simply press the search button without entering any search criteria to retrieve all the data table rows which is not what i want.  I am trying to force the user to enter something in the search criteria, retrieve only the relevant sub-set of data rows and then when the selection criteria are cleared, the tablegrid should again display zero rows. 
I have tried using 'incremental search' which works for the first time but when the search criteria is cleared, the tablegrid again shows all rows.  I have also tried using a filter on the field i am searching on and a filter in the tablegrid but neither works.  Is there something i am not doing correctly?

2.  I have an area of one screen where i have written some brief Help notes for the user.  However, i have only been able to achieve this by using multiple text labels!  Although it looks ok, it is difficult to maintain.  Is there a better way to achieve this?

3.  Is it possible to align numeric fields to the right in a tablegrid?

I have attached project details in case this makes it easier to understand what i'm trying to achieve.

Sorry for writing in english but i only know a few words of russian!  Thanks in anticipation and congratulations on a great piece of software.
Derek.

Re: Tablegrid - no auto-execution

Hello,

I can't see your attached project, please send it to support@drive-software.com

Dmitry.

1. I added a script to your project to prevent it.

2. Please, download latest version 1.49 again, I added multiline editor for Caption of component Label
http://myvisualdatabase.com/thank_you_f … ading.html

3. I added a script for it to your project.

Fixed project attached.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon MVD_fixed.zip 9.72 kb, 482 downloads since 2015-02-18 

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,

1. The script  to prevent all rows showing in the tablegrid when no search criteria entered works very well.

2. The multi-line editor for Caption of component label is great - very easy now to add help messages and instructions.  I hope other users will find it useful too.

3. Numeric columns in the tablegrid are now aligned to the right - excellent.  Is there a way of aligning the tablegrid totals at the bottom of the columns as well?  That would be even better but if it's a big change, it's not so important - my project is already much better than before.

Thanks for your help and the very quick response.

Derek.

derek wrote:

3. Numeric columns in the tablegrid are now aligned to the right - excellent.  Is there a way of aligning the tablegrid totals at the bottom of the columns as well?

Done )

Post's attachments

Attachment icon MVD_fixed2.zip 9.88 kb, 485 downloads since 2015-02-19 

Dmitry.

Hi Dmitry,
Tablegrid columns and tablegrid footers and now both aligned to the right - perfect!
Thanks again.
Derek.