Topic: Beta version 1.51

Download 1.51 beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz1fmz5lrb6fw … 1.zip?dl=0

- Added ability print QR code in a report (04/06/2015)

- New filter for TextBox s% (04/09/2015)

- Added the object MediaPlayer, for playing audio files (04/20/2015)
example:

MediaPlayer.PlayFile('d:\Muse - Hysteria.mp3'); 
MediaPlayer.Pause; 
MediaPlayer.Stop; 

- Added ability send an e-mail with an attachment (04/30/2015)
example: http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1

- Added option "Notify user to fill required fields" for button "Save Record" (05/04/2015)

Dmitry.

Re: Beta version 1.51

any news about security ?

abouyahya527911 wrote:

any news about security ?

What exactly do you want to know?

Dmitry.

4 (edited by abouyahya527911 2015-04-25 14:44:56)

Database encryption ect .... ?

Unfortunately not yet.

Dmitry.

Hello - It would really help speed development of an application, if MVD had the ability to use the arrow keys to move the objects around in a form.  Sometimes it is difficult to use the mouse if I only need to move the object a small amount, and it is more convenient to use the arrow keys also.

Thanks for considering!!  Awesome program.

Chris

pilotctk wrote:

Hello - It would really help speed development of an application, if MVD had the ability to use the arrow keys to move the objects around in a form.  Sometimes it is difficult to use the mouse if I only need to move the object a small amount, and it is more convenient to use the arrow keys also.

Thanks for considering!!  Awesome program.

Chris

Thank you for the suggestion, I did it, please download beta version again.

Dmitry.

I found a bug in final version 1.51:

if you use "AR_" as a TextBox Mask, the "A" is replaced by "_" which gives "_R_".

Could you have a look please?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon mask_txtbox_AR_.png 15.74 kb, 318 downloads since 2015-05-29 

tcoton wrote:

I found a bug in final version 1.51:

if you use "AR_" as a TextBox Mask, the "A" is replaced by "_" which gives "_R_".

Could you have a look please?

It's not bug, try this mask:
>\ARa;1;_

EditMask is a string that consists of three fields with semicolons separating them. The first part of the mask is the mask itself. The second part is the character that determines whether the literal characters of a mask are saved as part of the data. The third part of the mask is the character used to represent unentered characters in the mask.

These are the special characters used in the first field of the mask:

!
If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the text as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the text as trailing blanks.

>
If a > character appears in the mask, all characters that follow are in uppercase until the end of the mask or until a < character is encountered.

<
If a < character appears in the mask, all characters that follow are in lowercase until the end of the mask or until a > character is encountered.

<>
If these two characters appear together in a mask, no case checking is done and the data is formatted with the case the user uses to enter the data.

\
The character that follows a \ character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.

L
The L character requires an alphabetic character only in this position. For the US, this is A-Z, a-z.

l
The l character permits only an alphabetic character in this position, but doesn't require it.

A
The A character requires an alphanumeric character only in this position. For the US, this is A-Z, a-z, 0-9.

a
The a character permits an alphanumeric character in this position, but doesn't require it.

C
The C character requires an arbitrary character in this position.

c
The c character permits an arbitrary character in this position, but doesn't require it.

The 0 character requires a numeric character only in this position.

The 9 character permits a numeric character in this position, but doesn't require it.

#
The # character permits a numeric character or a plus or minus sign in this position, but doesn't require it.

:
The : character is used to separate hours, minutes, and seconds in times. If the character that separates hours, minutes, and seconds is different in the regional settings of the Control Panel utility on your computer system, that character is used instead.

/
The / character is used to separate months, days, and years in dates. If the character that separates months, days, and years is different in the regional settings of the Control Panel utility on your computer system, that character is used instead.

;
The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.

_
The _ character automatically inserts spaces into the text. When the user enters characters in the field, the cursor skips the _ character.

Dmitry.

Thank you for the explanation Dmitry, much appreciated.

Hello,

Maybe is good idea to create function , to select all items on form to move them , with one move with mouse.
Now i must select all Tb or Cb and others items and move be one. I think this option help to fast graphic edit the forms.

Brgds,
K.

Back to the mask, I would like to better understand the second field options and I would like to know how to design a length adaptive text mask for instance email addresses in the format of firstname.lastname@company.com.

tcoton wrote:

Back to the mask, I would like to better understand the second field options and I would like to know how to design a length adaptive text mask for instance email addresses in the format of firstname.lastname@company.com.

this mask just for fixed size values, not suitable for e-mail.

Dmitry.

ok, thanks. I anyway tried another way to complete this task and have opened a new topic smile

krokodil_sk wrote:

Hello,

Maybe is good idea to create function , to select all items on form to move them , with one move with mouse.
Now i must select all Tb or Cb and others items and move be one. I think this option help to fast graphic edit the forms.

Brgds,
K.

Hi Krokodil_sk, Hi Dmitry,
I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly but you can select multiple textboxes, comboboxes, grids etc to move at the same time by holding down ALT and SHIFT.  It makes designing your forms much quicker.
However, (for me) this only works if you move them using the mouse;  if you try to move them using the arrow keys, it only moves the first entity you selected on the form, not all of them.
Hope this helps,
Derek.