Topic: Need Help - ComboBox

is it possible to have two comboboxes in one form saving the same information that was inserted on another form and save them?

for example

in form one i have two combobox and a button to show a form where i enter the informations that will display in the combobox, but in this form i only have one textbox.

after i enter the information in this texbox, the two comboboxes will display this informations, so far so good,

but if i have in the comboboxes for example"test" and "test1" after i save the form and open again it will only show "test" saved on both comboboxes.

what do i need to do to have two comboboxes sharing the same informations but save different informations when i choose?

Re: Need Help - ComboBox

Unfortunately I do not quite understand.
Please attach your project folder.

Thanks.

Dmitry.

i send you an email with the project.

4 (edited by abouyahya527911 2015-10-09 08:17:36)

Same question

hope make it more easy to understand

i want make combobox for example Years and Age and i want to use them more then ones and save different result  in same Table
so i don't need to make for each one new form and AddForm when i use the same data in combobox many time  ?

abouyahya527911 wrote:

Same question

i want make combobox for example Years and Age and i want to use them more then ones and save different result  in same Table
so i don't need to make for each one new form and AddForm when i use the same data in combobox many time  ?

Please download the example:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Combobox test.zip 3.71 kb, 484 downloads since 2015-10-09 

Dmitry.

Thanks this it hope be helpfull for other too

Dmitry forget to ask u again in same topic i was trying to do Arabic date with Combobox all is good  i did 3 Combobox and 3 groups day month and years all is fine but im wondering if the result can be shown in tablegrid in one cell looks more good and pro then 3 day alone and month alone and year alone

Thanks again waiting ur answer

abouyahya527911 wrote:

Dmitry forget to ask u again in same topic i was trying to do Arabic date with Combobox all is good  i did 3 Combobox and 3 groups day month and years all is fine but im wondering if the result can be shown in tablegrid in one cell looks more good and pro then 3 day alone and month alone and year alone

You can do it using calculated field, like this:

dayfield || '.' || monthfield || '.' || yearfield
Dmitry.

9 (edited by abouyahya527911 2015-10-14 13:58:31)

DriveSoft wrote:
abouyahya527911 wrote:

You can do it using calculated field, like this:

dayfield || '.' || monthfield || '.' || yearfield

worked fine but now i havin error when i press edit user

#42S22Unknown column 'day' in 'field list'

it happen same thing in when i press search but after adding day to list and make it invisble so so dont show day 2 time in Grid worked but for edit i try i dont know how can  i sort this error out

Thanks in advance

abouyahya527911
Please attach your project (zip file without exe and dll)

Also describe steps (1,2,3...) to raise the error.

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:
abouyahya527911 wrote:

Same question

Please download the example:

it worked fine for me first time but after i enter 10 relationship when i run software i having error why don't support more then 10 id this was last id_Age9 ?

DriveSoft wrote:

abouyahya527911

what do you mean by  describe steps ?

abouyahya527911 wrote:

it worked fine for me first time but after i enter 10 relationship when i run software i having error why don't support more then 10 id this was last id_Age9 ?

It's support more than 10 foreign keys, may be you have old version in which limited the number of foreign keys.

Dmitry.

abouyahya527911 wrote:
DriveSoft wrote:

abouyahya527911

what do you mean by  describe steps ?

Can you describe steps to reproduce the error.

Dmitry.

15 (edited by abouyahya527911 2015-10-15 18:36:41)

DriveSoft wrote:
abouyahya527911 wrote:

It's support more than 10 foreign keys, may be you have old version in which limited the number of foreign keys.

i have version 2.031 ? is this version limited ?

download 2.40 but still same error ?? /

Post's attachments

Attachment icon error.JPG 20.57 kb, 265 downloads since 2015-10-15 

abouyahya527911
This error has a different cause.
To help you, you should attach your project and describe steps to reproduce the error.

Dmitry.

abouyahya527911 wrote:
DriveSoft wrote:
abouyahya527911 wrote:

i have version 2.031 ? is this version limited ?

download 2.40 but still same error ?? /

here example of project he will not run for you if u don't remove main.id_age10 in the last ComboBox

Thanks again

Post's attachments

Attachment icon example.rar 3.79 kb, 475 downloads since 2015-10-17 

abouyahya527911

Thank you for your project, you found a bug, bug is fixed.
Please download and intall again beta version 2.040
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1729

Dmitry.

DriveSoft wrote:

abouyahya527911

Thank you for your project, you found a bug, bug is fixed.
Please download and intall again beta version 2.040
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1729

quick support check link again please try to download it but i can t

20 (edited by abouyahya527911 2015-10-19 05:34:57)

DriveSoft wrote:
abouyahya527911 wrote:

max 64 key allowed  ? this is after downloading latest version

Notice : Dmitry after swiping to sqlite was fine and i haven't that error again !!!!

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Capture.JPG 28.33 kb, 282 downloads since 2015-10-19 

abouyahya527911
Yes, it's limit of MySQL.

Dmitry.