Topic: How do you... manage your projects

Hello Dmitry and all MVD fans,

As a living, I'm a senior Test Analyst and Project Manager, but despite that, it seems I am not able to follow my own personal projects.

This is the third time I start over from scratch with the same project, adding new features and discovering each time, different ways of doing the same things, sometimes more efficiently.

But the result is there : there is no result smile
I have not yet finished the project I'm working on because I keep on starting all over again.

After a while, and after 2000 lines of code, I find it very difficult to "remember" what I have done and what is still planned, what I have added (and not documented) where...

How do you organise your work for your projects ?

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor

Re: How do you... manage your projects

Hello Mathmatou

In business, I was a programmer. Now I am retired but my method has not changed.
A project conducted both from A to Z. A sheet of paper and a pencil.
2 questions: what do I do and how?
A skeleton of the future application with many pseudo code. All my old books on Delphi (from v7) and many nearby coffee.
I now have one advantage: no leader over my shoulder and a lot of time. As these are personal projects, I do not have the stress of providing professional outcome in a given time.
It is true that MVD seems so easy to use that we quickly tried to disperse.
Programming has a principle: achieve the best possible result with less code, so optimizing its logic. It is true that new properties of versions 2.2 and 2.3 will help a lot and reduce code size.

Good luck to you

JB

Добрый день [mathmathou!
Если Вам интересно...я кинул в папку с проектом три Текстовых документа (.txt)...
у каждого своё назначение...
первый: вопросы которые возникли в процессе работы с проектом
второй : путь решения какой-то цели...если я решил попробывать другой путь...в случае не удачи можно вернуться назад...
третий: дублирую свои скрипты...
КАК то ТАК!

I use mainly MVDB for work as it helps me improving our daily life. As a living I am Service manager in an IT Department and I am used to handle many things at once from support to project activities...

I simply keep focused on the result I want to achieve and I comment my scripts.

Then I test thoroughly myself before sending to a test user who will report feedback. Everything is documented. I also have release notes in each project.

The improvements come after thinking quietly on the best way to implement them. When I do not know I ask the ones who know smile

Anyway, documentation is key! It is a chore at first but it can be a life saver when you have to go back to something you forgot for a year already.

Thank you guys for your answers smile

I always found it was easier to tell people how to do things than to apply those technics to myself smile smile smile smile

I'll start over one more tiome and finish the projecty this time.

@Роман : if google translator is correct, you talk about documents (3 ?) you uploaded somewhere. Where could I found those ?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question that is not directly related to MVD smile

Cheers

Mathias

I'm a very good housekeeper !
Each time I get a divorce, I keep the house

Zaza Gabor