Topic: button background color?

I'm guessing MVD doesn't allow you to change the background color of buttons. That would be really cool. I'm hoping someone will prove me wrong though. It would come in handy for people who use background images for their forms.

Thanks

Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge.

Scott Adams

Re: button background color?

MVD using standard Windows button, beginning from Windows 7, operation system blocked possibility to change background color.

Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry. I thought that was probably going to be the answer. Microsoft has always wanted control of everything smile

Scott Adams

There was a thread about making customized button somewhere here. At least there are some new options for the buttons in MVDB 2.2 (not tried 2.3 yet)

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1706 thread #5

I think I just figured out what I can do about the button image thing. I can use a button graphic and call the procedure the regular buttons do. The real buttons can be out of site. So the next question for this beginner is.... how do I call the procedure that the real button calls? I can insert it to the On_Click area of the graphic.

Thanks all...

Scott Adams

jumper wrote:

I think I just figured out what I can do about the button image thing. I can use a button graphic and call the procedure the regular buttons do. The real buttons can be out of site. So the next question for this beginner is.... how do I call the procedure that the real button calls? I can insert it to the On_Click area of the graphic.

Thanks all...

procedure Form1_Image1_OnClick (Sender: string);
begin
    Form1.Button1.Click;
end;
Dmitry.

Thanks Dmitry. That looks like it will probably work.

Scott Adams

9 (edited by jumper 2015-12-20 12:38:30)

Works perfect Dmitry! That code is almost like vb.net. Thanks for the help.

Scott Adams

By the way, I just wonder why there are properties on the buttons and comboboxes which simply do not work? I mean, we cannot change neither the color of the text or background of the buttons and comboboxes so why are they available?

tcoton
Because these properties work under Windows XP

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,
I am still a Windows XP user and I have never been able to change the text or background colour properties of buttons or comboboxes. 
Do you mean that these features exist for Windows XP but only with MVD 2.2 and upwards?
If these features exist for Windows XP with earlier versions of MVD, can you please provide an example of how to do this.
Thanks,
Derek.