1 (edited by jumper 2015-12-18 17:01:03)

Topic: Question about auto-complete popup when working with script files.

Hi everyone... I was searching the forum and came across an image of the popup auto complete window. When I'm working with scripts, the popup tries to work, but nothing like the image I attached the image here.. I usually only see the first line (if any).

If it's not happening to anyone else, maybe it has to do with Windows 10. Is anyone using Windows 10?

thanks....

Post's attachments

Attachment icon autoComplete.jpg 167.67 kb, 274 downloads since 2015-12-18 

Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge.

Scott Adams

Re: Question about auto-complete popup when working with script files.

Yes, I use Windows 10 Pro and no issue with auto complete popup. It only works when typing something which can have a property set via script.

I haven't checked to see if it worked yet, but I enabled some visual effects in Windows 10. Since I only have 4 gig of memory, I removed almost all of the visual effects. So I'll let you know if it works.

Scott Adams

4 (edited by jumper 2015-12-18 20:50:55)

I got a screen capture showing what the auto complete menu looks like when I use it. I don't think it has ever opened all the way. I can't remember what programming language this was in, but we would always call---- ensure visible. Dmitry, I don't know if this helps or not. Just wanted to throw something in there

The screen capture is attached. It was taken using Alt-PrintScreen. That way only the topmost window is captured. So what you see is nothing but the autocomplete window. It only shows the first line and the rest of it is the code.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Clipboard-1.jpg 19.11 kb, 254 downloads since 2015-12-18 

Scott Adams

Unfortunately I have no idea why is this happening.

Do you have some running background specific software?

Dmitry.

6 (edited by jumper 2015-12-19 01:40:03)

That's ok about the menu. And yes, I have other software running, but I doubt that it would effect the popup menu. I hate to make these kind of posts but I do because I think: Maybe I'm not doing something right?

However, since I have talked to some nice people here, I can ask them questions behind the scenes and won't have to throw out this kind of post.

thanks

Scott Adams

4GB RAM for Windows 10 is more than enough, you maybe disabled too much things and 1 might be required to display the popup, who knows how Windows 10 display works?

Is one of your other dev software affected in the same way?