Topic: MVD Latest Version 2.3

Hello Dmitry, Everyone,

There are a lot of new features in MVD 2.3, particularly object properties, that should be very useful and save a lot of time instead of writing scripts.  But understanding what they all do is difficult as some of them do not seem to be working (at least as I would have expected).
In particular, there are a couple of tablegrid properties that I cannot get to work.
1. tablegrid option "goinput".   If I understand this correctly, this is an 'in-grid' insert option.  But how do you save any data that you input using this option?  And if you are inputting a relational field, how do you get an 'in-grid' combobox to select options?
2.  tablegrid option "gosecondclickedit".    Is this some type of 'in-grid' editing and if so, how should it be set up?  I have selected it and nothing happens.
Can you please explain how these 2 properties work?
At the moment, I feel I am not able to use MVD to its full capabilities;  I wonder if it would be useful if you could take one of your "ready to use projects" (for example, "Accounting Ink Cartridges") and re-work it to demonstrate many of the new features of Version 2.2/2.3.  It might help a lot of users.
Thanks as always,
Derek.

Re: MVD Latest Version 2.3

Hello,

Please don't use these properties now, it's for future.

Dmitry.

I think that exposing not yet implemented properties should be reserved to Alpha versions otherwise it leads to confusion and frustration.

Hi Dmitry, Hi Thierry,
It's nice to be aware of the improvements that are planned but as Thierry says, maybe they could be greyed out (or something like that) until they are ready.  Otherwise users will be messaging you in the forum either saying "how do I do this......" or "this isn't working properly....." when it's simply not been fully implemented yet.
Thanks for the explanation and I look forward to when these two features in particular go live.
Derek.