1 (edited by stelios91 2016-02-28 18:37:04)

Topic: 2 Problems with database

The first one is that my created database refuses to save my inputed image in an entry. The second problem is that my database refuses to save the inputed group made like the video lesson does. I am using version  1.35. i know its old but i cannot afford to buy a new one hmm Any solutions?

Edit: Nevermind i found my mistake. I had not properly updated the save button and it saved only selected information!

Re: 2 Problems with database

Hello,

Great )

Dmitry.

I have one more important question. When i push a button and open up a new form if i try to click on the form behind it i get a sound and im not able to do so. Is there any way to make it possible but not on all cases. I wanna have multiple forms open and use them together! big_smile Thanks in advance

stelios91 wrote:

I have one more important question. When i push a button and open up a new form if i try to click on the form behind it i get a sound and im not able to do so. Is there any way to make it possible but not on all cases. I wanna have multiple forms open and use them together! big_smile Thanks in advance

It's impossible if you use buttons with actions, but you can do it using script if you have programming skills.

Dmitry.

Ok something else then. is there any possible way to make an entry on the database be the only one? Sorry for my bad english here i just dont know the word.
I mean i input the value 1 so the next client i register cannot have the value 1 so it has to be a different code. I hope u understand what i want. a unique key

Hi Stelios91,
Maybe you are meaning one of two things.
1.  If you want MVD to maintain a unique value for a record, you should use a COUNTER type field.
2.  If you want to assign a value to a field yourself  and ensure that this value is unique, you need to create a unique index;  this cannot be done within MVD at the moment but you can use a tool such as SQLite Studio to do this.
Here is a thread that tells you about it:  http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2055
Derek.

thank you very much! Counter worked out for me! big_smile Maybe you can also explain to me how to use script with MVD so i can click on a form,
I mean i want to use 2 forms at once but that isnt possible with buttons. Can i create script inside the MVD? If yes how?