Topic: open existing database

I have an old Q&A database which i have successfully converted into dbase. I now have the data in 3 different kinds of tables;
MDB
DBASE
DTF
How can i implement this into my visual database?

Re: open existing database

Hello,

You can use freeware program SQLiteStudio for import data from dBase(DBF), also you can make first export to universal format CSV and then make import also by using SQLiteStudio

Dmitry.

But how do you use this already existing database in a project. I have a Sqlite database with 488 rows but I do not know how to use it with myvisual database, when I query it there is no data coming up. If I query it with SqliteStudio or another tool, it is ok... Please more details on connecting to an existing database, you did a really good job with this application!

tcoton
First you should create database structure in My Visual Database
then you can make export data from old database and import to new database using by free tool SQLiteStudio http://sqlitestudio.pl/

Dmitry.

5 (edited by tcoton 2014-06-26 20:26:21)

The point is that it is not an old database, it is a Sqlite 3 database wink

Edit 13:43 .... I managed to import data in the sqlite.db you are using, now I will try to work with that.

Edit 22:24  ..... Everything works super fine, thanks man!

I don't get it from the comments above how to insert existing database SQLite into my *.vdb project.

The key in the above comments is that the database name used by any project in myvisualdatabase is always : sqlite.db

If you use any another name, it simply does not work.