Topic: Trouble with unsetting the default property for a button

Hello,
In my application a form is displayed to add a record using the new record action. The tab order has not completely obeyed the tab order I set in the properties for each item on the form. In trying to resolve it I unset the default property for the save button. The save record button also works using a action. Even if I unset the default property for the button it still remains a default button so the record saves and closes if I press enter. I added code on show form to set the save button default property to false and then it works ok. Remove the code and it goes back to its old ways even with the button default property unset. Not sure if it is related but when I change the application and run it the date of the new executable is set to several weeks ago. If I delete the executable, it creates a new one when I run the application again but the date of the executable is still set to some weeks ago. I have version 2.4.
Thanks for any help. David.

Re: Trouble with unsetting the default property for a button

Hello,

Thank you for the bug report, fixed.
Please download latest beta version here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfh2q7h8l73lx … a.zip?dl=0

Thanks.

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,
thank you for the fix. Is it safe for me to use the beta version to produce an application to applications for distribution and then open the application development file in your next release version. Thanks again, David.

radsoft
Yes, it's ok.

Dmitry.

Hello Dmitry,
the file date is still a bit weird. My application is called IRIS. When I modify and save the .VDB file it saves it with the correct date and time. When I run it from within the development environment the time of the new .exe file is correct and then a few seconds later it sets the time on the .exe file to an earlier time without me having done anything to it. An example is
IRIS.VDB 18/03/2016 10:56AM
IRIS.EXE 18/03/2016 10:20AM
Previously it was setting the date of the new executable to several weeks ago.
Regards, David

Date of files generates by Windows OS, what exactly is the problem?

Dmitry.

There is no problem with the running of the application. It is just that the date of the new .exe file is initially set to the correct time on running the newly compiled application and then a few seconds later it sets the time of the .exe file to about half an hour earlier. When I was using version 2.4 it would set the date of the executable to about two weeks ago. Mentioned it in case it is something you ought to know about but it runs fine.
David