1 (edited by AD1408 2016-09-04 11:43:26)

Topic: How to?

I have decided to go step by step for my project. So far I got kind help from Derek and JB. Once again thanks guys. I've created a sample how to project so that questions below may be answered within by way of implementation hopefully. Most of the items below may require some form of script. That's Ok. I can learn via copy/paste too.

1. We have a customers and products. When we make a sale we issue an invoice. In order to issue an invoice we need customer and product details which we'd enter them manually in a paper world, However, here I like to pull customer and product details from existing customer and product records into inv and inv item details dialogs rather than adding them manually which would defeat the objective of using computer software. How can this be done?

2. I like to copy billing adders to delivery address - please see sale inv. billing and deliv tabs.

3. I like to have buttons that displays, todays, this weeks, this month and this quarter added records on search (form1) window beside other search options.

4. On this I feel stupid for not been able to correct it. I get  "no such column:SaleInvItem.total_cost" on run

Post's attachments

Attachment icon How to.zip 339.28 kb, 394 downloads since 2016-09-04 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Re: How to?

Hi,
"4. On this I feel stupid for not been able to correct it. I get  "no such column:SaleInvItem.total_cost" on run"
I think the error message can be a bit misleading. 
With calculated fields, you cannot use another calculated field as part of the formula (and, by the same logic, you cannot use a calculated field that references itself in the calculation).
The problem is because you have a calculated field with the following formula:  SaleInvItem.unit_cost * SaleInvItem.total_cost.   I think what you want is SaleInv.inv_net_total + SaleInv.tax_total.
Derek.

Re: How to?

Thanks Derek...

What I wanted do is illustrated on screen cap below:

http://prnt.sc/ce3b6e

I guess I have to make do with manual calc for Inv Item total cost.

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.