1 (edited by AD1408 2016-12-10 02:45:34)

Topic: New Record...

Hi Guys,

I couldn't find the reason why clicking on "Add" button (New record) on Form1 / Expenses Tab acting as Edit for latest added record instead of loading empty frmExpenses?

Please see the attached sample project:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ExpensesCalc_NewRec.zip 12.3 kb, 372 downloads since 2016-12-10 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Re: New Record...

Hello Adam,
The ADD button isn't acting as EDIT per se;  rather, it's because:
1.  There is no SEARCH button on frmexpenses so all expense items records will be displayed (as per your 'show all records' setting in the tablegrid).
2.  It still wouldn't work properly as there is no relationship between the expenses table and the expenses items table.
Please see attached.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ExpensesCalc_NewRec.zip 346.43 kb, 348 downloads since 2016-12-10 

Hi Derek,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Main issue seems to be missing link (as you have kindly pointed out) from expense item to expenses table with ^(cascade delete checked)

Here is the working version as far as I can see:

Post's attachments

Attachment icon ExpensesCalc_NewRec 1.zip 12.17 kb, 358 downloads since 2016-12-10 

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Hi Adam,
Glad it helped.
The PC I was using when I replied earlier has MVD 2.4 which doesn't have the tablegrid 'show child records (if present)' feature.  When I saw your response, I remembered that you no longer need to use a 'search' button from MVD 2.7 onwards (I think) - d'oh!
So yes, the only issue was the missing table link.
Derek.