Topic: Advanced grids

Hello,

I ask you to help me with (I guess for you) simple way to search values in tables related with other tables.

So I created a simple project, some kind of example, perhaps it would be helpfull for anyone else:

School - with classes
Classes - with students
Students

Question is, how to search/show all students in specific school.
In screenshot example I'm looking for every student from School BCD so it should be every students in classes B,C,D

I think undestanding this example of more complicated searching/showing grids will be benefit to all VERY BEGINNERS as I am wink

Post's attachments

Attachment icon schoolClassStudent.png 51 kb, 314 downloads since 2014-07-26 

2 (edited by caylea1 2014-07-26 20:59:53)

Re: Advanced grids

Attached project for everyone interested in that kind of example.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon schoolClassStudent.zip 324.63 kb, 492 downloads since 2014-07-26 

3 (edited by Hram 2014-07-27 01:43:16)

Good day. I do not quite understand about the "Schools BCD" - but I think you would get something like this program.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon school.rar 281.39 kb, 735 downloads since 2014-07-27 

Thank you Hram for example, but your construction is complete different and doesn't answer my problem: how to list students from school BCD. in school form / student grid. wink

School BCD is just a name (that inside there are 3 classess B, C, D for easier values view, it can has any name) and that school has 3 classes inside with students starting with letters B, C and D.

I'm looking for a way, result in school form --> students grid: list of names of all students in School BCD (so all students in class B,C,D)

I guess involving school fom --> class grid in searching is the key.