Topic: Cheat Sheet in Consideration for MVD?

Hello Dmitry,

I was wondering if there will be a Cheat Sheet for Tips and Tricks to utilize on  MVD that has been taken in consideration for the near future?

For example:

Combobox  (concatenate field names):

Type in fieldbox:  {fieldName1} - {fieldName2}

Result:  fieldName1 - fieldName2

The above example was sent to me on a zip file by Derek that he assisted me in one of my projects.
I was amazed with the innovation that Derek had used on a simple project! I wasn't aware of these cool ways to manipulate
data on MVD.

I'm not a programmer for databases or have the experience background yet, I just code website... I'm trying to get there. :-)
I think if there were a cheat sheet this would catapult MVD projects user from all experiences.

I personally have purchased  a cheat sheet spiral notebook (HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, Font,Color, DOM) from VisiBone that I use on my web development projects.   website to view example: http://www.visibone.com/

Do you think this would be feasible with MVD?
Even if it was being sold as a product as Tips and Tricks on MVD website... What do you think?

Heriberto

Re: Cheat Sheet in Consideration for MVD?

Hello Heriberto,

From my own experience, I have actually found this forum to be the best source of tips and tricks.  Just enter something in the search option and see what comes back;  this is true whether your question is about basic MVD functionality or related to scripting or sql problems.

I think one of the first projects that most of us end up writing is our own tips and tricks application!

In terms of learning more about MVD scripting - for me, the best way was to download other people's projects and see how they had done things.  And then if I am still struggling, I simply ask the question in the forum and Dmitry or one of the other Users will usually reply to you with lots of different ways to do things.

Don't worry about asking what might seem very simple or basic questions - we were all beginners at one point.

Regards,
Derek.

Hello Derek,

You're absolutely right about that.. MVD forum is the place to get tips and tricks for my project apps.  Although if I'm lucky I must come across
these cool tricks to implement on my application. Usually I ask myself, how long will it take for me to come across these tips and tricks.  I've developed about 20 + databases for my own use with some progression nothing extraordinary. :-) Although I've come along way using MVD in comparison to the day I started. I would really like to catapult my  ideas and transform them into an actual software application that will create value to a user. With that said, my programming skill set level is at 1%! LOL!

I'll be doing 11 weeks of hardcore school studying / Learning (Javascript, Algebra, Concept Design, Design Fundamental) so I'm going to have to put Pascal Programming aside for now. 
During my studying phase I end up with my own great ideas. I create databases  in order to organize myself  and end up with amazing results.
I think at this point a cheat sheet would definitely benefit my learning curve and schedule.

Thanks for sharing your approach to programming with MVD.
I will definitely continue asking questions and I greatly appreciate your help.

Heriberto

I agree with Derek, if you struggle or have any question, there is always another user with more advanced skillset to help you out. I am glad this is a great community and everyone here helped me to progress in my projects. Moreover, some people may also come with different approaches and very smart/elegant ways to deal with very complex situations. That being said, we all know that the weakness of MVDB is the formal documentation but it is coming slowly.

You might also consider a snippet tool to keep all the tips you find around at hand.

Hey Guys,

I greatly appreciate all of your input and definitely taken into consideration.
Although sorry for this late response, just started my 6 classes in college and currently in a time
crunch. The only challenge here is "Time Management" ...

I just ordered a book "Learn PASCAL in Three Days" Third Edition by: Sam A. Abolrous.
I find this book easy to understand and also find Pascal with some similarities as Javascript front end scripting.
hopefully next time I'll will be asking help on higher level programming.

Thank you,
Heriberto