Topic: Timer on a TableGrid

Hello,
I have a small application which is to be used by several users. I have a button on the form with the table and that runs
frmCallList.TableGrid1.dbUpdate;
in order to for the list to be updated to show new records.
Ideally, I would like a Timer to be started when the form is opened so that the user doesn't need to manually press the "Update" button. An automatic update every minute would be good. Then the timer would need to be disabled when the user closes the form. I have tried and failed so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
David

2 (edited by radsoft 2017-07-18 00:42:24)

Re: Timer on a TableGrid

Hello again,
I solved it. Thanks.
Regards,
David

Hi David,
Any chance you could show me how you approached it;  it'd be useful for a couple of things I'm working on.
Thanks,
Derek.

Hello Derek,
nice to hear from you again. I am in New Zealand so the time delay. I found the following post.
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2616
I used the "Employees refresh by timer.zip" example kindly provided by Dmitry in the second entry from the top in the post and it worked perfectly.
Best regards,
David

Hi David,
Nice to hear from you again too.  New Zealand - very nice!  UK here, for my sins - LOL!
Thanks for the link;  I remember seeing the post ages ago but only thought it could be used as some sort of 'countdown' to trigger a one-off event.  There a couple of  programs I've got where it will come in very handy.
Best Wishes,
Derek.

Hi Derek,
I was born in Essex.
The example from Dmitry can be used to make amazing applications.
Regards,
David