Topic: Strange problem with a database.

I created a database for a client and the problem was that everytime he tries to copy it and move it to another computer the entries are gone.
How can this happen? I mean its on stock settings to save the database on the file location. i got a copy and i cant see any entries on my pc aswell.
Help please big_smile

Re: Strange problem with a database.

Does he copy all the folder or just the .exe? smile

all the folder. i did it myself and its so strange cause i used the same version on my pc and works just fine . the thing is how to save the already used entries . I mean im trying to use the .db file on another one and just shows as empty

Could it be that  sqlite.db file moved somewhere else for backup db purposes instead of copying?
If there is no sqlite.db in app directory, MVD will create a blank sqlite.db file on app run.
Just a wild guess as it happened to me once few months back.

As far as I know MVD doesn't allow creation of custom named db file. It'll always be sqlite.db. Only differentiation is file creation date and time.

Adam
God... please help me become the person my dog thinks I am.

Do you save the data? Sometimes ( it happened to me...) we forgot to put the right properties on the button save... hence, no data. If you move the complete project folder, you should not loose any data at all.

well the same program works great on another pc ,
yes there was the sqlite file on the folder , stange size though 645 kb and had like 500 entries there with photos each ,
Still it finds the entries only on this computer , i am sure there is something i missed , the thing is what .
worked it on my pc , copied it on another works fine.
but how am i supposed to get the sqlite file with the entries and where is it? O.o

7 (edited by tcoton 2017-09-01 14:50:07)

Maybe your client changed the database location, this is the only remaining option. Could your client check on his computer what he has when opening the .exe and looking in "Options"->"Settings", there are 2 tabs to check.

http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=3582

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Database location.png 273.78 kb, 271 downloads since 2017-09-01