Topic: Windows Application

Good day Everyone!

I am new baby for MVD and I am not familiar with the script.

I need help for the following:

Assume I have created the windows application for my client. Do my client need to purchase the MVD software in order to run the application?

I have my database design blueprint for my application:

Table:
- Products
- Location -> One location need to be default
- Delivery Order Header -> - Delivery Order Line
- Sales Invoice Header -> - Sales Invoice Line

Header and Line Table
It is better to separate the Delivery Order Table and Sales Invoice Table separately or use the same table?

Get Location Default

When user add new record on the Delivery Order, the default location auto show on the Delivery Order Header.
Do I need to write the script? If yes, how to write the script.

Generate Sales Invoice from Delivery Order

After completed the Delivery Order transaction, I would like to make a button click to generate the Sales Invoice and copy the Delivery Order Header Information and Line to Sales Invoice Header and Line? Do I need to write the script for this? If yes, how to write the script.

Select Delivery Order from Sales Invoice

From the Sales Order Form, user click "Add New" record for Sales Invoice and select the Customer Name. I need to create a button -> click to show all the "Delivery Order Transaction" related to this customer only. User can tick the check box to select which DO to be selected and click "Generate" -> those selected "Delivery Order" will copy the Delivery Order Line to the Sales Invoice Line auto. It is difficult to write the script?

How do I write such script?

Thanks for the advise.

Jack Lim

Re: Windows Application

Welcome Jack. It wasn't that long ago I knew nothing about MVD nor Pascal. The learning curve is not bad at all.  I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. I am making some assumptions based on my understanding of what you are looking to do in your project.

Do my client need to purchase the MVD software in order to run the application?

The answer is no. You will create the Windows exe and supporting files to distribute to your clients.

It is better to separate the Delivery Order Table and Sales Invoice Table separately or use the same table?

Assuming one invoice to one delivery to a customer, then you can use a single table. Basically your delivery order info is the same as the invoice info.

When user add new record on the Delivery Order, the default location auto show on the Delivery Order Header.
Do I need to write the script? If yes, how to write the script.

No script necessary if the location will always be the same default.

After completed the Delivery Order transaction, I would like to make a button click to generate the Sales Invoice and copy the Delivery Order Header Information and Line to Sales Invoice Header and Line? Do I need to write the script for this? If yes, how to write the script

Since the delivery and sale info is in the same table, there is no copying necessary. You will simply use the same source table to print the invoice.

From the Sales Order Form, user click "Add New" record for Sales Invoice and select the Customer Name. I need to create a button -> click to show all the "Delivery Order Transaction" related to this customer only. User can tick the check box to select which DO to be selected and click "Generate" -> those selected "Delivery Order" will copy the Delivery Order Line to the Sales Invoice Line auto. It is difficult to write the script?

Again, since the delivery and invoice are using the same table, then there is no copying necessary. The same source table is used for invoicing.

I know I am making some assumptions about your project, but on the surface it does not appear that you will not need to do much scripting. However, sometimes some minor scripting may be necessary to tweak a project to do exactly what you want. The forum is here to help you with that if necessary. Happy developing!