Topic: Question how to migrate the MVD form

Hello, I would just like to ask how what tools or what way can I configure the MVD form so that it can be used not on just 1 office but 3 offices interconnected together (Wan). We are connected with a Cisco router.

Will I need to use an sql, or will it need further advanced programming for it?
Basically there are 3 users that will need to have access to the database and they are from different buildings.

Thank you.

Re: Question how to migrate the MVD form

Or is there a way for the MVD to work by through WAN or something similar? Thank you again

g0dmenuelz wrote:

Hello, I would just like to ask how what tools or what way can I configure the MVD form so that it can be used not on just 1 office but 3 offices interconnected together (Wan). We are connected with a Cisco router.

Will I need to use an sql, or will it need further advanced programming for it?
Basically there are 3 users that will need to have access to the database and they are from different buildings.

Thank you.

This type of requested configuration is not related to MVD, but there are many ways to do

First to all: exposing your database to the WAN (¡¡¡WARNING!!: Expose a database to the internet is unsecure if you dont know security steps to do, even if you apply all security steps, is not 100% secure)

Option 2: Use a vpn to conect all offices (is the best way and more sensate)

I recommend to use MySQL DBMS instead SQLite, so you need to install MySQL server.

Dmitry.

Thanks for the replies. I'm a bit of confused as I am still a novice, if I use mysql dms instead of sql lite will I still be able to use the MVD application?
I really love the mvd due to its accessibility. 

We have our own server as well and I have installed an sql server on it.  Any ideas or help is greatly appreiated.

Thank you.