1 (edited by g0dmenuelz 2019-04-07 13:17:05)

Topic: Hello, need some help with attachments please. Thanks

Hi guys, I would just like to know how to make this work.
I need an  image file attached for every student name entry.

I read on the forums that it is a bad idea to store the  images on the database.
I tried to put the "files" command on the copyto but it is not working.

I also tried putting an attach image icon on the form and its not working as well.

I need to input a lot of student entries and their pictures attached can it be setup so that the images/files attached is saved on a separate folder.

My project seems not to be working even I followed the correct instructions. Can anyone please help me achieve this. Here is my attached project.

Thanks

Post's attachments

Attachment icon Students.rar 298.89 kb, 251 downloads since 2019-04-07 

Re: Hello, need some help with attachments please. Thanks

Hi,
In the dbimage1 properties, the tablename was blank.  Also, you need to specify 'linkfile' as the 'type' (please see attached screenshot).
I wasn't sure from your post if you also wanted the images to display on 'frmstudent'.  If so, there are 2 basic ways of doing this (both of which require a script.
In the first way, the image is displayed when a row in frmstudent.gridcheck is highlighted.
In the second way, all images are displayed against the relevant row in frmstudent.gridcheck.  Whilst this is nice to have, you either have to increase the row height in the tablegrid quite a lot and so only get a few rows per screen, or if the row height is reduced, you can't really tell who's image it is anyway!  Also, retrieving images for each row in the tablegrid can increase load times which may be a problem if you have a large number of students in your database.
But ultimately, the choice is down to your specific needs.
Hope this helps,
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon students2.zip 1.44 mb, 337 downloads since 2019-04-07 

Re: Hello, need some help with attachments please. Thanks

Thank you so much, man.  You're the best. It is working perfectly smile