Topic: Graphics.dll

Hello Dimitri

A question about pictures in a DB

If I store pictures in a folder outside my application (i.e. application stands in E: and folder pictures in C:\pictures, then can I delete Graphics.dll from my application ?
What is job of this file ?

I see that in your exemple Save From Database where I can load a picture outside application and that Graphics.dll is not present.
It seemsOK but I would like to have any confirmation.

Thanks

Yann Yvinec

Re: Graphics.dll

Hello,

In Graphics.dll stored all graphics used only in component Image http://myvisualdatabase.com/help_ru/components/image.png

When you compile a project, all graphics from component Image stored in file Graphics.dll
You should not delete this file in any case.
This file is not related to the images that are stored in the database.

Dmitry.

Dimitri

Thanks for your reply
I know now the job of Graphics.dll and I keep it

About Component Save Image In Database (I used it frequently to store and load pictures), where are stored those imcgaes ?
Are they embedded in MyAppli.db ?
Are they stored apart ?

Thanks

Yann Yvinec

Component "Save Image In Database" store pictures only in database, in file sqlite.db

Dmitry.

5 (edited by tcoton 2015-03-06 14:02:15)

How do you display a picture which has been saved in the database please?

I tried this feature, I have a picture in the database but no way on how to display it using 1.50 beta.

tcoton wrote:

How do you display a picture which has been saved in the database please?

I tried this feature, I have a picture in the database but no way on how to display it using 1.50 beta.

Please, download example from here
http://myvisualdatabase.com/forum/misc. … download=1

Dmitry.

7 (edited by tcoton 2015-03-06 14:47:17)

Thanks Dmitry,

It works absolutely fine, I have added the code to disable the buttons once db is set-up to avoid modification by the end users.

Form1.Help_DBImage1.dbShowButtons := False;

I use the dbimage for the help section of my application smile

Thanks Dimitry, I'll get that a try and let you know

Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge.

Scott Adams

Dimitry, I downloaded the employee program and it did save the image. As always, I'm sure it's pilot error. Any ideas? Do I have to use the code that tcoton did in order for it to work? And if so, can you tell me where to insert it?

Thanks again

Scott Adams

jumper
I don't see your question in this topic. I don't know what kind of error you talking.

Dmitry.

The code I added is just to avoid users to modify/delete the picture. It should work straight away, what is your issue?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon image8.png 34.15 kb, 374 downloads since 2015-03-06 

Hi guys, I'll try and explain what's going on. Dimitry, I don't get any error. It's just that the image is not stored in the database. I suppose it could be, but it's not showing when I run the program either from the IDE or the EXE.. If you need anything else or have any questions let me know.

Scott Adams

jumper
Please send me your project to support@drive-software.com
also specify in which component don't store image (Form and component name).

Dmitry.