Topic: Need Help

Hi Friends,
                I have made a project which has supposed 4 forms and each form has two tablegrids edit mode. Problem is: When I delete an entry on a tablegrid, others tablegrids also deleted entries of same rows . It may be array effect. How can I eliminate this problem?
Thank in advance.

Re: Need Help

Can you upload your project?
Without seeing the problem, it's not really possible to help.
Derek.

3 (edited by unforgettable 2020-07-23 05:24:52)

Dear Derek
                I am attaching a project. Run it and look. You will delete any entry on Country dorm tablegrid, entry on look up form tablegrid will also delete. I think it is due to relationship. How can I solve this problem.
Thanks.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon parentcombobox.zip 511.35 kb, 226 downloads since 2020-07-23 

4 (edited by derek 2020-07-23 11:55:22)

Hi,
It's because you've simply added the 'country' field to the 'models' table rather than holding the country data in a separate table.
The tablegrid labelled 'models' on the 'look-ups form and the tablegrid labelled 'country' on the 'country' form are both displaying rows from THE SAME TABLE ('models').  Therefore, when you delete a row from the 'country' tablegrid, you will also delete the corresponding row from the 'models' tablegrid - it has to because it's the same row of data in the 'models' table.
Derek.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon unforgettable.jpg 230.56 kb, 100 downloads since 2020-07-23 

It means I have to create another table containing country as field which will not create this problem?

Yes,
Create a new table to hold country as a field and add a relationship on the model table.
Derek.

Thank you Derek to guide.