Topic: Help with Delete

I have a strange problem that I'm not able to solve so far.
-
In my application I used to have a table called "tblAddressess".  I have since deleted that table because I have no need of it anymore.
-
I have a table called "tblUsers".  I want to delete a user and all of the child records that go with that user.
-
I put a DELETE button on my main form.  I chose a User in the tablegrid1 and hit Delete.  An error message comes back saying
Error messge
no such table: main.tblAddressess
Component
Start.DeleteUser
-
Note: Start is the name of my main form.
-
I removed and reinstalled the DELETE button but I still get the same error. MVD must have some memory of that old deleted table but so far I haven't been able to find it.
-
I have DELETE buttons on some of my other forms and they work OK.  It just doesn't work on the main (Start) form
-
Any thoughts will be appreciated
-
Thanks, Frank

2 (edited by papafrankc 2020-07-28 06:51:25)

Re: Help with Delete

To All,
I found the solution to my problem of the DELETE button not working on Form1.
-
I was looking at the tables.ini file and I noticed in a couple of my tables that I had a relationship pointing to the deleted "tblAddressess" table.  I haven't started working with those other tables yet and I didn't remember that I had set relationships to the old (deleted) "tblAddressess" table.
-
I removed those relationships and now my Delete button on the main form works OK.
-
I don't understand why those extra relationships in tables that I wasn't using, would affect a different table? But I'm not complaining.
-
I have learned that if I delete a table then I'd better check to see if any other tables have a relationship pointing to the deleted table.
-
Thanks for listening (I'm really loving MVD)
-
And FYI, so far I've been building my program without having to do any coding. It's impressive to me that MVD is providing solutions to situations that would require serious programming in some other languages.
-
Frank