Topic: Fast Report Field Names

I read in the Fast Report manual that you can replace the field names, such as tblDutyStations.fromDate with an Alias, such as FromDate. This would make it easier to see the field names when building forms.
-
I've looked for this feature but can't seem to find it. Do you know if this feature is available in the Fast Report version used by MVD?
-
Thanks, Frank

Re: Fast Report Field Names

Frank,
I am not aware of being able to use aliases. I probably wouldn't use it anyway. I like seeing which table a field comes from so not to get it mixed up with another field with the same name in another table. But that's just my preference.

You can give aliases using Report (SQL) or Report via script.

brian

Thanks for your replies.  I think I'll just stay with Fast Report as it is.
-
Here's why I thought aliases might help.
-
Here's an example of one of my fields in the report: tblDutyStations.fromDate
On the report I don't want the field to be this wide.  Something like tblDutyStation
So on the report you can't see the field name because at this width it doesn't show up.
-
What I did notice though, is that in the upper left corner of Fast Report, it does show whatever field I have selected.  So all I have to do is look up to make sure I have selected the correct field.  A shorter name, an alias, would be nice but not really necessary.
-
Since I'm not proficient in script yet, going that way would be beyond my skills at this time.
-
Thanks again for your replies, Frank