Topic: Missing Tables

As I was working through the book to learn about MVD, I got to step 2.2.4, Setting up the Search button. Referring to Figure 24, I got past step 1, but when I got to step 2 (Select the database table for the query), there are no tables to select from.

So, I thought I must have skipped setting up the tables. When I go back to set up the tables, the Database tables tab shows no entries, but if I try to set one up, the program responds that the tables already exist.

I'm sort of stuck now - there are no tables on the Database tables tab, but I can't re-create them. How do I fix this? Throw everything away and start over? I'm using unregistered version 6.3 with an SQLite database.

Oh, and I used another SQLite tool and can see that the tables are set up in the sqlite.db file.

<*> Jim

Re: Missing Tables

Hello jharre

When you start an MVD project, the first step is to create the table (s) by defining the fields and possibly the links between tables. This done, in your query when you have to select a table, if all went well you should see a list of the created table (s).

If you don't see anything (especially with this disturbing message), then an anomaly has occurred.
ItWmight be good to drop the table (s) and recreate them one by one. This may be enough to resolve this mystery.

Good luck :

JB